Did you mean: 

Autocad Express tools - file tools - Save all drawings

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Emersongf
1307 Views, 17 Replies

Autocad Express tools - file tools - Save all drawings

I use a ACAD 2013, it's worked with a Windows XP and i did have not a problem like this,

Now i change by a 'Windows 7 - Enterprise - 64b' and now I have the following problem:

The comand 'Autocad Express tools - file tools - Save all drawings', now, when i use it, the command, it don't save a thumbnails preview, for me looking for when i open the files ...   It save all of open files, but a lost the thumbs. ( until like, when the thumbs already exist.)

When i save the files one by one, with a simple command 'save', it save the thumbs normally..

I use this command very much, and i would like to know if have a fix for this ...

Thanks for your cooperation,

I hope you understand my English...

Emerson

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
pendean
in reply to: Emersongf

SAVEALL command express tools does not remove the thumbnails here: are you sure RASTERPREVIEW variable is set to 1?
Message 3 of 18
dmfrazier

I'm sure pendean meant the THUMBSAVE variable. (RASTERPREVIEW is a command alias, which may or may not be defined in your case.)

Just to clarify:

1. You have indicated that the thumbnails are not created (not that they are removed), correct?

2. You have indicated that the thumbnails are created for new files when you use other save methods, correct?  (This would indicate that THUMBSAVE is already turned on.)

Have you had a chance to try SAVEALL a second time on a set of DWGs to see if it succeeds in producing thumbnails after previously failing?

And, one more thing - make sure there has been a change to the DWGs before running SAVEALL, as I believe it will not actually save if a change is not detected.

Message 4 of 18
pendean
in reply to: dmfrazier

My bad, thanks for catching it.
Message 5 of 18
Emersongf

Hi, dmfrazier  

I,m sorry for a long time to answer... 

If i undestand you.

1 - I check the RASTERPREVIEW, and it's was in 1 ... no problem...

2 - When i save with only 'save' command, it's created the thumbs ...no problem

When i save after that , with 'Save all drawings' command, if already had a thumbs , after it remove a existing or don't create a new...

I already save several times following , and no way , don't create a thumbs more...

3 - I´m sure , the problem exist , and it started after i install a Windows 7 interprise 64b, but i also reinstall ACAD 2013 after do it ... so, can it be a configuration problem ?   but before i install others cases (Windows XP) and never do it...

It´s very strange... I had a problem with Design review too, it don't create thumbs in W7 64b... and Autodesk don't have solution because this software are discontinuing...but i think, AutoCad no...

That's a real problem to me, i work with several drawing open , and when i need close and save, i use a Express command to do it.

To close no problem, but to save happened that...

I don't know what to do, i think no problem with configuration, if possible, please help-me...

Thanks,

Emerson

Message 6 of 18
Emersongf
in reply to: pendean

Hi,  pendean

I,m sorry for a long time to answer...

How i said to dmfrazier...

1 - I check the RASTERPREVIEW, and it's was in 1 ... no problem...

2 - When i save with only 'save' command, it's created the thumbs ...no problem

When i save after that , with 'Save all drawings' command, if already had a thumbs , after it remove a existing or don't create a new...

I already save several times following , and no way , don't create a thumbs more...

3 - I´m sure , the problem exist , and it started after i install a Windows 7 interprise 64b, but i also reinstall ACAD 2013 after do it ... so, can it be a configuration problem ?   but before i install others cases (Windows XP) and never do it...

It´s very strange... I had a problem with Design review too, it don't create thumbs in W7 64b... and Autodesk don't have solution because this software are discontinuing...but i think, AutoCad no...

That's a real problem to me, i work with several drawing open , and when i need close and save, i use a Express command to do it.

To close no problem, but to save happened that...

I don't know what to do, i think no problem with configuration, if possible, please help-me...

Thanks,

Emerson

Message 7 of 18
pendean

THUMBSAVE variable is the correct variable to turn on. I used SAVEALL twice today on a two dozen different files, all still show thumbnails/previews in OPEN command.
Message 8 of 18
Emersongf

Hi,

I checked the THUMBSAVE and it was '1' ,   i believe that is allright...

My problem continue ... I already tried see every variable that i know ...  and that i consulte in help...

Strange is that, when i use 'save' command , every things is all right...  the thumbs run correctly

When i use 'Save all drawing' command , it delete the thumbs ...

Like i said my ACAD is a 2013 and ran correctly on Windows XP,  the problem started when i install a Windows 7 64bits...

On XP, the command 'Save all drawing" ran correctly, i didn't have a problem...

Is possible that no one knows this problem ???

What is the difference between the command 'save' and 'save all drawing' ???????

Thanks

Emerson

Message 9 of 18
Emersongf

hi,

You said    - My bad, thanks for catching it.

Excuse me for asking ... I did not understand this expression. What does it mean?

Emerson

Message 10 of 18
dmfrazier

Emerson,

It is certainly true that being told by others that the function works okay for them doesn't seem to be very helpful, but, if nothing else, it demonstrates that the function "can" work, at least under "certain" conditions, which may be similar to but are probably not exactly the same as yours.  I am running AutoCAD 2013, but not on Windows 7 64-bit, so I cannot verify that it "can" work on that platform.  Although s/he hasn't stated it explicitly, I assume pendean is running 2013 on win 7 64-bit, which at least approximates your conditions. S/He has stated that it is working as expected, so it appears that it "can" work on that platform.  (Perhaps pendean can confim that s/he has tested it on the stated platform.)

As far as I can tell, the Express Tools Saveall function is an ARX routine, which means it is probably not using the same "methods" to save the files as the conventional "save" commands use.  I would guess that .NET Framework functions are involved, so your issue may be caused by a problem with .NET.  You could try a Repair/Reinstall of your AutoCAD product. If that doesn't fix things up, you could investigate .NET repair/re-install. For more info, you could start here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search?search=net%20reinstall#?sort=score

Message 11 of 18
Emersongf

Hi, dmfrazier   ,   like i said to pendean...

I checked the THUMBSAVE and it was '1' ,   i believe that is allright...

My problem continue ... I already tried see every variable that i know ...  and that i consulte in help...

Strange is that, when i use 'save' command , every things is all right...  the thumbs run correctly

When i use 'Save all drawing' command , it delete the thumbs ...

In 'open file command' or in Windows explorer ,  i don't see the thums more, only a ACAD icone. 

Like i said my ACAD is a 2013 and ran correctly on Windows XP,  the problem started when i install a Windows 7 64bits...

On XP, the command 'Save all drawing" ran correctly, i didn't have a problem...

Is possible that no one knows this problem ???

What is the difference between the command 'save' and 'save all drawing' ???????

Thanks

Emerson

Message 12 of 18
dmfrazier

When someone says "my bad", it means s/he admits that s/he made a mistake (in other words, the "bad" thing was "my" fault). 

Message 13 of 18
Emersongf

Hi, dmfrazier

I understand you last message ...

Only for you know,  I work in my office with for about another ten users, and all we have the same problem ...

I believe not be installation problem but the configuration or incompatibility...

The problem is that my attempts have ended...

Now i don't know what to do more...

I was expecting a response from Autodesk ...

Thanks for your help

Emerson

Message 14 of 18
dmfrazier

"Now i don't know what to do more... I was expecting a response from Autodesk ..."

An Autodesk rep might respond here eventually.

If you are a Subscription customer, you can also put in a request for web support:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Message 15 of 18
Emersongf

Hi, dmfrazier

OK, I´m a Subscription customer, and I´m going put in a request for web support...

After if i discovery something i'll tell you...

Thanks for your help,

Emerson

Message 16 of 18
dmfrazier

You're very welcome.

Good luck.

Message 17 of 18
Emersongf

Hi, dmfrazier,  only to your knowledge ...

I called a internal support in my office , and they had a good idea, to check ...

They ask me what kind of version i was saving the drawings... 

In my office normally we save the drawings in a old revision...to facilite an other users...

So, we save in ACAD 2007... Like i install W7 64b , when i save in a old version, i believe, it save in 32b...

and my system don't understand...

To test, i saved in ACAD 2013 (my ACAD) and they run ok , create the thumbs...

In W XP was both 32b so don't had problem...

By the way , the routine of command 'SAVE' and command "SAVE ALL DRAWINGS" is not the same.. because it's had a diferent results to same command...

I think the command 'SAVE' is better to understand and to be compatible with the system ...

Thank you for your cooperation,

Emerson

Message 18 of 18
dmfrazier

Thanks for the info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost