Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 Stalls when opened

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
iowasolutions
325 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2014 Stalls when opened

Just upgraded a user from Win 7 to Win 8.1 The requirements for AutoCAD said it was compatible. After 2 days we finally got it to install. But whe nthe use3r opens it it just stalls. Can anyone help me. From what I can tell Autocad doesn't have any phone support and there is no error for me to research it just stalls

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

AutoCAD has phone support but only if you are on a specific level of subscription other wise you will need to contact your reseller for support.

For AutoCAD just stalling how far is it getting?  Do you see the splash screen and then it just hangs up?  Is this a network license and is it hanging when it looks for the license?  I have seen a few issues that can cause this.  It could be your cascade file if you are using a network license or if you are standalone it can be your communication center.

To check and see if it is the communication center I would do the following:

1.  Launch AutoCAD

2.  Go to Start>Run>Resmon (this will bring up the resource monitor tool)

3.  On the CPU tab of the resmon dialog box find the acad.exe and select it. (Should move it to the top of the list)

4. Right click on the acad.exe and use the analyze wait chain command

5.  Look and see if a sub process is running under the acad.exe.  If it is for the communication center you can safely kill it and let AutoCAD go in.

To check the cascade file if this is a network license (perform with AutoCAD closed)

1. In windows explorer browse to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM

2. Rename the file cascadeInfo.cas to cascadeinfo.cas.old (AutoCAD will make a new one the next time it is opened)

3. Open AutoCAD and let it remake the cascade file and see if it opens without issue.

Message 3 of 5

I'm pretty sure its a stand alone license. I didin't see that sub process.

It has the splash screen then stalls

It did just give me an error

AutoCAD LT Error Aborting

Fatal ERROR: Unhandled e0434352h Exception at 591a5b8h

Message 4 of 5
itbemedg
in reply to: iowasolutions

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost