Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 64bit lack while open property dialoxbox

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chainarong.bk
830 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad 2014 64bit lack while open property dialoxbox

I use Autocad 2014 in package Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2014 64 bit , when i draw dimension or draw line or select object while open "Property Dialox Box" it will little bit lack or delay(About 0.5second) but when i close Property Dialox Box" it can work normally. i want to open Property Dialox Box during working because too many thing have to edit property. Please help me

My Computer Spec

Win7, Ram12GB, Intel Core i3-2120 CPU@ 3.30GHz

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

>> when i draw dimension or draw line or select object while open "Property Dialox Box" it will little bit lack

I can understand that "when you select an object" that there is a time to wait until the properties of the selected object are evaluated (special thing is complex polylines with a lot of vertices for calculating the area, same for hatches).

BUT: I don't understand that when drawing a line you loose time. So when exactly does the time-lag happen? When you type the characters L I N E, or when pressing enter, so command is started and AutoCAD is waiting for the point or when you finshed the line with <ENTER> ...?

Does that happen also with new drawings based on original AutoCAD templates?

Is it possible that there is something set in your drawing that can't be found? E.g. a XREF or a CTB or a plotter selection?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

Hi Alfred,

Thank you very much for your response and help and sorry for make you confuse, there is time-lag when i selected dimension and some object. when i draw line or draw dimension there is no time-lag happen. 

I use Autocad long time ago since Autocad V2000 when i working with autocad i always open Property Dialox Box it work normally  without any problems about time-lag as i described, but now i use new computer and new version of Autocad but why time-lag happen? would you please help me

Thanks and Regards.

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

well, I also have the property window open all the time and sometimes get nervous about the lag when selecting a (complex) object. A dimension has a lot of properties to display and so needs the most time to get the dialog filled (even to slow in my point of view) But I'm used to wait that time now.

That you used earlier releases that don't have the lag surprises me, because I always had the small time gap, depending on the object type and depending on the drawings complexity. So what release did you use without that issue?

What might help, some are working that way, is to use the property window only if needed (switch on and off with <CTRL><1>) and using the quick property option instead. The advantage here is not the it is faster, the advantage is you can defined what properties from an object it shows. E.g. if I don't want to have the area of a polyline calculated I can define each single property that has to be shown for a polyline, so I leave the area-property away ... and that makes the quick property window much faster.

I know that this needs some customization (to define what properties should be shown for what object-type) and it needs some days to get used to it. But it the time gap is that bad for you, it's worth to try it.

But before all of that: Make sure that the time issue is not depending on some special drawings or any loaded applications!

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6

Thank you very much Alfred. now i fix by collapse the property that not use(See attached) on the property window, there is no time-lag happen. 

Thanks.. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

>> now i fix by collapse the property that not use

Wow, just learned that AutoCAD stores that settings of the collapsed sections within the property grid also during restart, always thought that will only work during one session.

Thank you for that! animierte smilies lachen grinsen happy freuen smilen witzig froh

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost