Did you mean: 

Autocad 2013 material library

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
nxt925
6235 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad 2013 material library

I have autocad 2013 and I used to have the material library downloaded and working fine. I recently installed revit 2014 and deleted all 2013 material library and downloaded the 2014 that came with Revit. However, now autocad gives me an error saying the material library is not installed. Is there anyway to remap it so that it reads the 2014 library? Or am I out of luck and the only way to use the material library is to reinstall it? Please advise me on the best solution. I would rather not download the 2013 library if I don't have to, I use windows on a mac and my bootcamp partition is very tiny. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nxt925
in reply to: nxt925

Anyone?
Message 3 of 7
pendean

Reinstall AutoCAD and the libraries you need.
REVIT is not AutoCAD, AutoCAD is not REVIT.
Message 4 of 7
nxt925

Thanks for your response. But I'm a bit confused now. I was under the impression that the material library was shared between programs. So that the material library used in revit wa the same one used in autocad. Is that statement incorrect?
Message 5 of 7
artc2

The material library is shared between products.  But, each product is built to use a specific version of the material library and you cannot change that.  So, if you have multiple products installed and they require different materials library versions, then you will need to have each materials library version installed that the products require.

Message 6 of 7
nxt925

Thank you, that answers my question.
Message 7 of 7
hateeem

library autocad 2013

@nxt925 wrote:
Thank you, that answers my question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost