Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoTrack Tool Tip Problem

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
ATFB
1892 Views, 16 Replies

AutoTrack Tool Tip Problem

I like using the AutoTrack Tooltip, not the Dynamic Input, just the little dialog box which shows up next to the cross hair when you have Ortho switchwed on. However, my version has decided that it no longer wants to display the tooltip, is this a bug that needs fixed or what?

FYI All the correct check boxes are ticked and one moment it was working, the next it just stopped, any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Alan

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
nestly2
in reply to: ATFB

OSnap Tracking turned on?

OSnapTracking.jpg

Message 3 of 17
ATFB
in reply to: nestly2

Yes it sure is, everythign is checked as it should be, it just went off a few days ago.

It's done it before and I installed an update, and it came back on, but it's gone back off again.

Message 4 of 17
nestly2

And the other tool tips work?
Any difference if you disable hardware acceleration?
Does e same thing happen if you switch to a different AutoCAD profile?
Message 5 of 17
ATFB
in reply to: nestly2

What do you mean by other tooltips? If you mean the dynamic tool tip, then yes that works, just not the tracking tool tip and doesn't change anything if turning on/off harware acceleration or changing profile or changing between, mechanical, 3D Modelling, 2D etc....

Message 6 of 17
pendean

So this is OTRACK you are talking about? Do you have a relevant OSnap set and running at the same time (required)? Are you trying to use it with temp override keys (fails)?

Do you by chance have the "SHIFT TO ACQUIRE" option turned on? As in points are only acquired when you hold down the SHIFT key? Then turn it off.
Message 7 of 17
ATFB
in reply to: pendean

I'm not talking about OTRACK, I'm talking about the AutoTrack ToolTip little dialog box which shows up at the bottom right of the crosshairs (NOT the Dynamic input) when you move something, or draw a line etc, I'll grab some screen shots.

Message 8 of 17
ATFB

Autotrack Tooltip.jpg

This thing here. It's a very handy tool when you are looking to move something but you don't quite know how far you can move it, saves measuring the distance and then moving it, cut's down on the number of commands.

That above was done on LT, I don't use or like using LT, but the same thing can be done on mechanical, but it's gone from my screen.

Message 9 of 17
ATFB

Settings.jpg

This is my options, all boxes checked which should be, but it's not showing up

Message 10 of 17
pendean

That only works/shows up with ORTHO (or POLAR) on, are they?
What is AUTOSNAP variable set to?
What do you have TRACKPATH set to?
Rotated UCS?
What settings are present in LT that are not in your other AutoCAD version? Same OPTIONS command settings and same variables settings apply in both, park them side by side and start comparing (instead of jumping between programs).
Message 11 of 17
ATFB
in reply to: pendean

Ortho is turned on

Autosnap is set to 55 - but changing this from 0-63 doesn't make a difference

Changing trackpath to 0/1/2/3 makes no difference, still won't show up

Rotated UCS?

All settings are identical in both LT and Mechanical, I've compared them before Smiley Sad

Now I've got a headache.....

Message 12 of 17
nestly2

I believe your issue may be specific to AutoCAD Mechanical and/or a floating Command line.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical-General/AutoCAD-Mechanical-2014-Autotracking-not-fu...

Message 13 of 17
Dtrylmn

I had a an issue with mine not showing up. I had lightened the transparency of the tool tip to around 50%, the preview still looked like it would show up, but i set back to 0 % and now it shows up. Hope this helps, if you haven't found a solution.

Message 14 of 17
greetmendonck

hey,

i have the same problem in autocad 15. Did you ever found a solution?

Please share it with me!

thanks a lot!

Message 15 of 17
jonowaring

I had this same issue, all settings were turned on but no tooltip showing.

Fixed by AutoCAD (2016) restart, so may just be a bug.

Message 16 of 17
chagga

I had this very annoying issue in Autocad. Go to options/draughting then 'Draughting tooltip settings'. In there my text size was set to -1 for some reason. I changed it to 1 and now it's all working again. Hoorah!

Cheers

Message 17 of 17
stuart.walkerMZRW2

I've got the same issue in AutoCAD 2021 running ShipConstructor. Any tips to fix?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost