Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoSave / Save before Copy / Drag causing annoying delays.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vinceromasz
2963 Views, 5 Replies

AutoSave / Save before Copy / Drag causing annoying delays.

I'm having an issue in a select few files that when I try to click and drag, or copy objects in the drawing there is a delay. The instant I do any of these opperations the program stalls for about 5 seconds, performs a save, then allows me to continue. Some files do it, most don't. But obvious its annoying to have to wait 5-10 seconds every time I want to copy paste or drag something.

Imaging you want to just simply drag a line over a few inches and you have to wait upwards of 10 seconds. Or text wasn't quite inside of a box, so you wanted to nudge it over a bit, but have to wait while it stalls and saves. Problem the worst is when I want to quickly copy something, and paste it a few times. The copy is 5-10 seconds, each paste is 5-10 seconds, and autoCAD performs multiple saves for nothing.

This happens with 32bit and 64 bit. It happens on different computers with the same file. I have copied the file, erased everything except one mtext and uploaded.

I openned the file created when autoCAD performed a save while dragging a simple mtext. The file was 3mb and contained only the text, not the rest of the drawing. I have read dozens of other posts about copy / drag delays but none of the suggestions have made any difference. I heard from a co-worker that it may be caused by dragging something while a normal timed autosave occurs, and once this happens the file is permanently corrupted with this problem, forever saving before every copy or drag.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: vinceromasz

No delay here, sorry. R2015, Win7 64bit.

Your AutoCAD version?

Your Windows OS versions (32bit and 64bit)?

Your file is littered with DGN linetypes BTW

Message 3 of 6
nestly2

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

I did not notice any delay moving/copying/dragging the text myself, but the drawing did contain 22 regapps and a bunch of other unneeded content which when purged reduced the file size from 3.5MB to 334kb, so you might try that and see if one of the regapps was causing the problem.

-PURGE > Regapps

Message 4 of 6
vinceromasz
in reply to: pendean

Pendean:

I'm using AutoCAD 2014 Win7 32bit.
I'm not familiar with DGN linetypes, is there a way to remove them?
I opened your file and had no delays moving the text around. Whatever you did to that file fixed it on my end.

Nestly2:

I tried that -purge regapps, along with a few other purges, but it didn't fix my delay, or lower the file size on my end. Was there anything else you did in addition to the purge?

Message 5 of 6
pendean

In R2014, you can use the Autodesk DGN tool
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hot...

OR a freeware from the Autodesk Exchange Apps store called Zombi Killer:
http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3azombiekill...

Don't forget to properly PURGE your file as nestly2 advises above too.
Message 6 of 6
vinceromasz
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the help. The dgn purge hotfix thing fixed all my problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost