Active Contributor
GLDMustang
Message 1 of 5 (663 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoLoader and AutoCAD versions

663 Views, 4 Replies
02-21-2013 08:21 AM

Greetins all,

We use multiple versions of AutoCAD in our office.  How do AutoCAD versions R2012 and R2013 differentiate between plug-ins and bundles.  It is my understanding that there are two (maybe three??) locations to place bundles:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins

Neither of these reference the AutoCAD version.  So, if a user uses both versions of AutoCAD and our applications are version specific, what's to stop AutoCAD 2012 from trying to load an application/plug-in meant for AutoCAD 2013?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (641 Views)

Re: AutoLoader and AutoCAD versions

02-21-2013 10:02 AM in reply to: GLDMustang

From what I can tell from personal experience, downloading/installing a plug-in from 2012 will not install it in 2013.

Same if I do the reverse in 2013. There is no cross-over or sharing from what I can tell.

Is it working differently your you?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
GLDMustang
Message 3 of 5 (599 Views)

02-27-2013 06:35 AM in reply to: pendean

Good Morning Dean,

Thanks for the reply....

To answer your question, I haven't seen anything (yet) indicating that this is going to happen.  I guess I haven't done enough with 2013 to know if this is going to be a problem.  I'm just concerned that since this is an "auto-feature" i.e.. you put together all your bundles and xml files, etc... and Autocad automatically loads them, that at some point one of the versions, either 2012 or 2013 is going to try and load the wrong plugin.  It seems like Autodesk would have that worked out somehow and I'm just curious as to how that happens (if in fact it does).  I hate surprises, ha...

Regards,

Guy

noen.ss
Message 4 of 5 (550 Views)

03-17-2013 08:59 PM in reply to: GLDMustang

The Autocad version is set inside PackageContents.xml, You need to include SeriesMin and SeriesMax under RuntimeRequirements element. You can refer here 

Active Contributor
GLDMustang
Message 5 of 5 (542 Views)

03-18-2013 04:43 AM in reply to: GLDMustang

I knew there had to be something like that...  Thanks, I'll check it out.

Guy

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube