Did you mean: 

AutoCad system variables

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
amr4alex
1134 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCad system variables

is there a system variable for last scale factor and last rotation angle used by "scale" and "rotate" commands ?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: amr4alex

If you could elaborate why you need system variables. If you are just rotating or scaling items by the same amout, when you choose scale or rotate, just press return and it will use the previous scale/angle of rotation.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
amr4alex

I need to use it I a lisp to modify scale and rotate commands .
Message 4 of 7
hwalker

I'm not up on lisp (I only use LT), but can't you grab user input as a variable?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 7
amr4alex

I don't know how but I'll try to find it out,

thanks for reply
Message 6 of 7
Kent1Cooper

Under ol' 2004 that I have here, AutoCAD does not save the last Scale factor or Rotation angle [at least, it doesn't offer anything as a default on a subsequent use of either command].  I'll try to remember to check when I'm next at a 2015 station, but others may be able to answer that sooner.

In any case, it would almost certainly be possible to redefine the commands to save those.  Those could be saved either for just the current editing session, using global variables, which would keep a different value in each drawing you have open, or in a way that would be retained after closing the drawing or even after closing AutoCAD, using environment variables, but which would offer the same default in all drawings on the same computer.  Does something like one of those sound useful?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 7
amr4alex

evrironment variables sounds like a good idea,
but there is one problem in redefining these commands,
for example when using scale it had an option for scale by reference and it's hard work to write the whole command from scratch so I wanted if there is a system variable for last scale or angle it would be great,
I guess I will try environment variables,
thank you for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost