AutoCad Matix Line Color (AutoCad2014)

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
565 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCad Matix Line Color (AutoCad2014)

Hi, 

I used matrix to create an array, but i made in in a different layer where i wanted it to be, and when i moved it to the right layer, the color was the same from the first one, and even though i canged the line color (not just the layer color) it wont change. Is it not possible? Do i have to make the array again? (i used matrix several times) 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
sthompson1021
in reply to: Anonymous

HI, have you tried using the ARRAYEDIT command.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: sthompson1021

I just tried your sugestion, but there's no color change option and i tried to replace with the object i used for the array, but from the right layer, but i couldn't accomplished it, it asks me for a key point, or gravity center point

Plese see the attachment, the first image is the array i have, and the second array is the one i replaced, although it may not seem such a big deal because i can move the array to the point i want it to be, that is not the case because the pattern of the whole array has an U shape, if i move the array to one end it would move away from the other

Message 4 of 12
sthompson1021

Do you get the source option when you pick the array? If you do you can change the layer in properties with that.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: sthompson1021

I can change the layer indeed, but it won't change to layer color which is my main concern

Message 6 of 12
sthompson1021

Did you try changing the layer in properties pallet using the source option in the ARRAYEDIT command? When you run the command, after you select the source object you have to select it again before trying to change the properties.  

Message 7 of 12
bluebrad60

It sounds like it is behaving like a block that was not made on layer 0. If made on layer 0, a block will take on the color of whatever layer you place it in. But built on any other layer, it will maintain that layers color no matter where you place it. Just a thought.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: bluebrad60

Yes!! that is absolutly true, it wasn't made in the layer 0, that's why I couldn't change color with @sthompson1021 suggestions.

So there's nothing i can do but make the array again??

Message 9 of 12
GrantsPirate

Use ArrayEdit, pick the array, use the edit source option, pick that, pick it again, change the layer it is on, save the Edit Array.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 10 of 12

To add one more tip on this, when you do change the layer, if you place it on layer 0 you will be able to change layer it is on in the future without going thru the ARRAYEDIT command.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Yes, this worked perfectly, thanks a lot!

@sthompson102 i couldn't accomplish it when you said it because i missed the "pick again" step.

Thanks for the help to everyone.

Message 12 of 12
sthompson1021

There's just something about that EXPERT ELITE hande makes you read all the words Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost