AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

mzanfardino
Message 11 of 16 (1,361 Views)

Re: AutoCad 2014 - Error 1324

06-24-2013 12:16 PM in reply to: Matt7927

Additional steps I've tried:

I uninstalled Autocad. Gave the user w/ a rediected profile Admin Rights and tried to reinstall and immediately got the Error 1324 error. If I reinstall it in the non-redirected account it installs and works fine. As soon as I switch over to the account with the redirected profile (will with admin rights), when I try to start the program I get the error 1324. This happens on more than one account with a redirected profile. I even tried installing it on a different computer and the same thing happens. 

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 12 of 16 (1,358 Views)

06-24-2013 12:19 PM in reply to: mzanfardino

Hi,

>> As soon as I switch over to the account with the redirected profile (will with admin rights),

>> when I try to start the program I get the error 1324

"with admin rights" means local admin-rights or also network admin-rights?

Is it possible that the local admin with redirected folders does not have enough permissions on that folders?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
mzanfardino
Message 13 of 16 (1,355 Views)

06-24-2013 12:27 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Users have full admin rights to their redirected folders and I gave full admin rights to the users I've tried so far to get this working on. I had a similar problem with AutoCad 2013, but a registry change fixed the problem I was having there. I tried the same thing in 2014 and no luck.

One thing I did notice though that in the admin account w/o a redirected profile, the registry key HKCU\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D001:409 exists while it doesn't in an admin account w/ a redirected profile.I don't know if it's related, but it's one possible thing. 

Oh, I did try importing that key into the account with the redirected profile and fixed the location keys, but no luck there either.

mzanfardino
Message 14 of 16 (1,195 Views)

06-28-2013 09:30 AM in reply to: mzanfardino

So I got tired of waiting for my pay-for-support to get back with me and finally ended up fixing it myself. It has everything to do with redirected profile evidently in my case. I backed up these regkeys - 

\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\ConvertVersion\Winlogon\

\HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\

Then I modified the following to match

\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\ConvertVersion\Winlogon\

Userinit:              C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,

\HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\

Desktop:              %USERPROFILE%\Desktop

Favorites:            %USERPROFILE%\Favorites

My Music:           %USERPROFILE%\Music

My Pictures:       %USERPROFILE%\Pictures

Personal:             %USERPROFILE%\Documents

After I logged the user out and back in I was able to start autocad 2014 without the 1324 error. I then restored the registry keys and verified that the the locations above were pointed back to the redirected location. Logged the user out and back in and verified that AutoCad 2014 still worked.

It would be really great if AutoDesk could fix their programs to work with redirected profiles. For large companies it's an easy way to manage users and helps with backups and restoration. As a purchaser for our local government IT department, I'm going to be real hesitant about purchasing/upgrading any of our departments to newer versions of AutoCad that continue to exhibit this problem. 

mjesse
Message 15 of 16 (1,034 Views)

09-10-2013 11:22 AM in reply to: mzanfardino

Is there any other fixes for this issue? I still cannot get 2014 installed. Users here are in the local admin group, and folder redirection is on. I can install the software either as local admin, or as myself (domain admin) but the standard user still gets the 1324 error. I have tried everything I can find online to resolve this, yet nothing posted has worked.

error808
Message 16 of 16 (968 Views)

09-24-2013 05:04 AM in reply to: mzanfardino

Well after headbanging for 2 weeks and trying to figure this problem out what happened was the following scneario

as we have 2 different campus sites we have 2 fileservers running win 2008

a staff memberA  who had their profile and user drive on Site 1 logged on to the machine and auto cad worked fine

staff member B who had profile and user drive on site 2 logged into the machin that invalid character error kept coming up

so moved Staff member B profile and user drive to Site One Servers and it worked fine

differnce betwen the 2

Site B server did not have Owner Creator permissions on the users folder

thats just one solution we had...

this was after trying every single google suggestion out there none of it worked messing about with registery, resinstalling software, recreating profiles on the same server the lot you name it!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube