Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2013 and AutoCad MEP 2013 not saving profile nor workspace settings

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1421 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCad 2013 and AutoCad MEP 2013 not saving profile nor workspace settings

Just upgraded a user to Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2013 but AutoCad 2013 and AutoCad MEP 2013 are not saving settings.

On first use  the cross hair is large and angled, not standard. If I run "Rest values to default" then the settings are standard until I either restart AutoCAD or open a drawing then have the same strange cross hair.

Have tried creating a new profile, setting it as default startup profile by altering the shortcut but no matter what settings are not saved and revert to strange cross hair once AutoCAD is re-opened or a drawing is opening.

If logon to computer as a user without a roaming profile all works fine.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

The snap angle, twistscreen, and ucs settings are saved in the drawing, not a profile.

Start a new, empty (no template) drawing. Is it OK?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I "Rest values to default", AutoCAD opens, crosshair is alligned square 90 degrees and is small. I then close AutoCAD, re-open it and the crosshair reverts to being twisted as an angle and larger.

Logon as a differnet user, the cross hair is correct from the start, changes to size in the Option menu is remembered if close/re-open AutoCad OR open anotehr drawing.

Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

I "Rest values to default", AutoCAD opens, crosshair is alligned square 90 degrees and is small. I then close AutoCAD, re-open it and the crosshair reverts to being twisted as an angle and larger.

Logon as a differnet user, the cross hair is correct from the start, changes to size in the Option menu is remembered if close/re-open AutoCad OR open anotehr drawing.

When you "open AutoCAD" a template drawing or existing drawing is being opened, and the snapangle is saved in this drawing. That is why I asked you to start a new, empty (no template) drawing and see if the crosshairs are at zero degrees in there.....

The size of the crosshairs is certainly a user config item, not saved in the drawing. Maybe there is a lisp/script being executed at startup to reset the crosshair size. If so, it could be setting the snapangle, and/or other settings

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

If I open a new drawing with no template then the cross hair is square 90 degrees but same size.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

If it is these lisp things how do I get rid of them?

Message 7 of 9
rkmcswain

Start by searching for "acad.lsp", "acaddoc.lsp".

You can do this from the AutoCAD command prompt by copying and pasting each line, one at a time.

(startapp "notepad" (findfile "acad.lsp"))

(startapp "notepad" (findfile "acaddoc.lsp"))

There are probably 6-8 more places someone can embed startup code, but those two are the most likely.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

This isn't expected behaviour, use had no issues before on old PC. Used new PC, issue occured, logged off which uploading roaming profile and started to use his old PC but now the issue is there and getting integrated into any drawing file he works on, i.e. affecting users on other PC's.

Would completely uninstalling all AutoCAD products, deleting any remaining AutoCAD files/folders and reg values allow me to re-install AutoCAD without these issues?

This is a fresh install of Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2013 which is somehow drawing config problems from other/previous versions of AutoCAD on this PC.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

User found solution, deleted .lsp files located in several of his drawings folders on the server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost