Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD2015 Display Woes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
BuckWyckoff
326 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD2015 Display Woes

Typical upgrading frustrations:  loosing familiar visual feedback that is tried and true.

1. Object highlighting that glows the object blue.  Give me the white highlight on mouseover and dashed lines on selection.

2. I work in quads and have my UCS display in the lower left corner and all viewports reflect the current UCS.  The UCS only shows up in the selected viewport and even in that viewport, the UCS disappears most of the time and I see nothing for a UCS reference anywhere.  Argh!!

I have a new BOXX killer system with a K5000 graphics card.  I suspect bug/driver problems somewhere.  I wish this stuff would be ferreted out before unleashing.  In the rush to produce product every year, the user gets their world shaken up far too often.  I suggest a two year cycle and more QC.  (I know, you don't get as much revenue that way.)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BuckWyckoff
in reply to: BuckWyckoff

Really nice not knowing I have a timeout on editing.  I just finished an edit above and while I was proof reading, it timed out and trashed everything I typed.  Thanks alot. (it wasn't even that long!)

Message 3 of 8
BuckWyckoff

Now I can't even edit the post above (#$%@!)

Okay, again, A bigger problem with the new blue highlighting is that the Sortents system variable is ignored.  I was just revolving a polyline to make a solid.  I have Sortents set to 19 to (among other things) select the latest created object when my mouse is over multiple objects.  I tried to select the axis for revolution.  The axis object (a line) highlighted, but when I selected it, I got a message saying that object wasn't vaild.  That's because, even though the correct object was highlighted (via Sortents rules) when I actually selected, the highlight was ingored and another object underneath was selected.

So Sortents pretends to work visually, but is actually ignored.

Message 4 of 8
nrz13

For #1, set SELECTIONEFFECT to 0 to get the dashed selection back.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 8
BuckWyckoff
in reply to: nrz13

I figured there was a way to do that.  Thanks.

I'll bet finding it in the "hunt and peck" help system was fun. 

Message 6 of 8
BuckWyckoff

And....The polylines I create overtop of other polys do not show up.  They select first (as they should), but unselected, they disappear and older objects show up.  It never used to be that way.  Newer objects in the same space took priority over older objects.  Visually slows me down.  I'm very fast in AutoCAD and 2015 has slowed me down substantially.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

REGEN or REGENALL commands can fix that last issue: that's not new (gies all the way back to R14): looks like 2015 is beating up your video card unlike older versions on the same machine or other machines you used.

Turning off LINESMOOTHING in 2015 may help: changing hardware acceleration in AutoCAD may help more as well as updated or more AutoCAD compliant video card drivers as well.
Message 8 of 8
BuckWyckoff
in reply to: pendean

An NVidia Kepler 5000 graphics card should not be a weak link.  That's some highend GPU.

The regens don't work.  I tried that originally.

I'm guessing most of what I see is graphics card and AutoCAD not playing ball.  Sucks.

In MAX2015, my command icons disappear when I minimize and then maximize the program.  As I swipe my mouse over the blank area where the icons should be, they reappear.

Like I said, Display Woes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost