Did you mean: 

AutoCAD tables link to excel sheet problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TramAnhVu
640 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD tables link to excel sheet problems

I have 2 problems with linking excel table to AutoCAD table

1. I don't know how to export the table style once the AutoCAD table is linked to the excel table so I can reuse it
  2. When I linked the excel table to the AutoCAD table, my suscripted text from the excel table don't show up correctly.  It showed up as normal text in the AutoCAD table.

Below is an image of my problem #2

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

AutoCAD table_Problems.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: TramAnhVu

1. ADCENTER command?
2. Limitation of linking between the two programs AFAIK.
Message 3 of 6

#1, you would need to create they style in a template, although if you copy past the table it may come with? #2 Are you using datalinks? if so then edit your link, there are some formatting options for excel, try those for the superscripting issue.
Message 4 of 6
TramAnhVu
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Pendean!
Message 5 of 6

Sorry for my late response, I just came back from Mat Leave and trying to get back to my normal life.
#1: I tried copy and paste a table and it would carry the table style as well, this is a good trick. Thanks! But I was still wondering if we can export a table style for future use or to share within a group.
#2: I used datalink, I couldn't find a way to set formatting options in excel to make it work in AutoCAD, but if I manually edit the subscripted text in AutoCAD on each entity, it would work, but this is not a good solution for a large amount of data

Thanks a lot for your help!
Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: TramAnhVu

A TABLSTYLE defined in a template file can be shared with other drawings through the ADCENTER command palette.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost