Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD link to Excel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
skyacoustics
395 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD link to Excel

Is there a way to draw multiple polyine shapes and have the overall dimensions (eg. Width x Length) displayed into a Excel spread sheet? Each shape would be labeled by a block and regardless of what type of shape it is, it would extract the overall dimension on to the Excel spread sheet. Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: skyacoustics

Attach a dwg with a few examples, it should be possible, but what are the shapes

Message 3 of 5
skyacoustics
in reply to: steven-g

Here is a sample of shapes with dimensions. I want to be able to tranfer the dimensions and shape numbers and quantity (the circle blocks - top number is the shape number and bottom number is the quantity) into excel file.

Message 4 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: skyacoustics

I don't think there is a method to read the dimensions from a shape (you can get area) so I added a couple of parameters to the quantity block. You need to drag the points of the block to the outer limits of the shape, but then you can extract this information to Excel. The circles are only there as a visual aid, on item 9 there is a version that has no circles - if you click on the qty block you can still adjust the sizes.

Is something like this usable.

Message 5 of 5
skyacoustics
in reply to: steven-g

So the information is extracted from the block to the Excel spread sheet. This would definitely work but the block would have to be adjusted for each shape. Would it be possible to program an autolisp command to pick the circled areas and insert the parameters into the block? And is there a tutorial to show how to extract information from the block to Excel?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost