Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 - Fench Accents

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
320 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 - Fench Accents

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to what the issue would be, I have a user who is getting french accents in place of things like "?".  This is not related to the regional language settings as I've checked and double-checked, we are on US-EN.  This issue does NOT happen in any word processing application (Notepad, Word, Excel) nor does it occur in Outlook or in Web Browsers, it is only AutoCAD that is affected.  Is there a setting I browsed over/missed that can correct this issue in AutoCAD?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, what Text Style is being used, and whicj font file is being used by that test style name?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

Does it matter if it appears in AutoCAD's command line?  Not being snarky, legitimately curious.

As for the fonts she said there are two styles she uses, "ROMANS" and "Standard" (file names are romans.shx & txt.shx respectively).

Message 4 of 7
jggerth

check the dates on the two shx files being used....  there is an older version floating around that is not Unicode, and a newer version that is.

Does the issue persist if the user definesthe  "Romans" text style to use the Arial font?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I've not tested the the Arial font as of yet, however the dates on the files are:

romans.shx - 13/10/2004
txt.shx - 18/03/2000

These seem like they may fall under the older category.  Is there somewhere to obtain the new version (preferably an Autodesk or Microsoft option)?

Message 6 of 7
jggerth

nope -- those are the good dates.  IIRC the pre-Unicode shx fonts cary a date of 1998 or earlier.

Do let us know what happens with testing with Arial....  and if possible, please post a sample drawing that exhibits the problem.  

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I can take a snip of the AutoCAD command line, the problem also occurs there (as well as drawings) - I will give an update once I've had the chance to switch it to Arial, they are out of the office an hour before me so I should be able to make the change this afternoon and have them test tomorrow morning.  Thanks a million for the help and suggestions, after finding the regional language settings were correct I was stumped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost