AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Active Contributor
bparmar900
Message 1 of 5 (370 Views)

AutoCAD Error

370 Views, 4 Replies
03-05-2013 09:34 PM

Hi All..

I am using AutoCAD LT 2012. After continuous work of 3-4 hours it shows some error. Error is related to " AutoCAD is running out of system memory. Continuing the current operation may result in programe failure or loss of data." With this another dilogue box also come with the message that " Unhandled exception  has occured in a component in your application. If you click continue, the application ignore this error and atemp to continue."

See the atachment for this.

I have installed all latest service packs.

System configuration:

win XP 32-bit-SP3

3 GB RAM

C-Drive space 100 GB

Processor i3

Thanks in advance.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (325 Views)

Re: AutoCAD Error

03-06-2013 03:01 PM in reply to: bparmar900

Hi,

>> AutoCAD is running out of system memory

This message tells everything that's necessary to know: for that type of drawing(s) currently loaded AutoCAD does not have enough memory, so it might fail within the next few commands.

>> If you click continue, the application ignore this error and atemp to continue

But you are not sure how long that stays without crashing.

Either reduce the amount of drawings loaded concurrently, the size of the drawings or the number of applications running on your workstation. At least 64bit + more memory would be the best approach.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Active Contributor
bparmar900
Message 3 of 5 (310 Views)

03-07-2013 12:02 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have change my PC. Now I format it to Windows 7 64 bit. after working of 30 mins again this error begin. At a time I open only 2 drawing max. Drawing size is also less than 1 MB. I check with Hardware acceleraion for on and off condition. But still its continuous.

PC Configuration

Win 7 - 64bit

RAM 4 GB

C drive space 80GB

I have update Service pack 1.1 for AutoCAD also..

I am using AutoCAD as well AutoCAD LT also and 15lisence I have. But One by one every PC get this error. Today It is in four machines.

:smileymad:

Please, all do the needful.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 5 (308 Views)

03-07-2013 12:07 AM in reply to: bparmar900

Hi,

>> after working of 30 mins again this error begin [..] Drawing size is also less than 1 MB

Can you upload such a drawing?

And what does your taskmanager report about the memory usage of the ACAD.EXE-process + how many memory is free now (when this message pops up)?

At least a change to a 64bit os should be combined with raising the memory, nowadays 1GB more (you first had 3GB, now 4GB) is not the world. The requirements are 4GB, but it 8GB recommended.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube