AutoCAD 2015, annoying ribbon combo boxes

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2146 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD 2015, annoying ribbon combo boxes

Hi,

The most annoying new feature in AutoCAD 2015 is the preview icons for different styles in the ribbon combo boxes (for dimensions, multileaders, tables and texts). I remember this was already present for text styles in AutoCAD 2014.

I often have to work with drawing files containing 12 or more different dimension styles or text styles, and it's really becoming a pain to select the correct one in the new combo boxes. I tried to resize the combo with more than 2 rows and 2 columns as it is by default, but when AutoCAD is restarted, I always get this 2x2 configuration.

Please, Autodesk, give us the possibility to restore the previous combo boxes, working like the different style controls in toolbars (drop down lists).

Thanks,
David

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
scottspeig
in reply to: Anonymous

Wondered what you meant and then saw it! Argh!!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

This is ugly and inconvenient indeed!  Isn't it possible to change this in the CUI?

Message 4 of 13
pendean

Our office "NOOBS" love that feature: guess we old timers don't get it 😞
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I found no way to change this in the CUI, new combo boxes have totally replaced previous ones. Autodesk should create a system variable or re-create the old combo in the CUI (as they did with ARRAYCLASSIC years ago).

As a temporary workaround, I restored the good old "Styles" toolbar, much more usable.

And for those who love that feature, they should try to use it with more than 4 dimension styles. With the lag for displaying the combo box, it really becomes less lovable...

Message 6 of 13
Pfilc

In addition, it appears to only display 10 or so characters of the style's name.  So, for long, similar styles, you have to hover to read.

Message 7 of 13
Ron-C
in reply to: Pfilc

Ah-HA !!!

LONG Live the TOOL BARS !!!!!!!

No problems here !!!!!!!

Ron

Message 8 of 13
zalant

As the new product was just released, our product managers are seeking as much feedback as possible from users.  Please let them know what you think (in a constructive way, please) at the following link:

Autodesk Product Feedback

Zac Travis
Message 9 of 13
aluko0719
in reply to: zalant

The way this shows up now is horrible. Like someone else stated if your style is longer is 10 letter you can't see the whole name. and if you have more than 4 styles you have to scroll. If you're like me and don't like this click on the feedback link and let Autodesk know how bad this feature is and maybe that way they will fix it.....

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Problem finally solved in AutoCAD 2016.

Autodesk added a new system variable GALLERYVIEW which, when set to 0, restores traditional style lists in the Ribbon to access dimensions, mleaders and tables lists.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Could you please help me 
I am new to autocad 

I clicked somewhere and now my ribbon look like this 

image.png

I want that to look this one 

image.png

Please help

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Message 12 of 13
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I clicked somewhere and now my ribbon look like this

Click that small mini-button wich toggles the visuality of the ribbon in three different states:

20170824_123504.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 13 of 13
scottspeig

But not Text??

I'm also aware in the CUI that I don't have "Ribbon Combo Box - Text Style" in the Home 2D - Annotation panel... Anyone else found this & created a fix?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost