Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Truetype Font Display Error

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
TC-ESHse
4236 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Truetype Font Display Error

Need help with Font display in Autocad 2015.

Font Style = Oxford (ttf) or Eurostile (ttf)

Left side pic is Autocad 2014. . .font appears OK.

Right side pic is Autocad 2015 . . . font appears "crowded".

This behavior happens on a couple of other TTF fonts as well - but never on a Sans or Arial type.  I can change the width of the Mtext and it displays ok . . . but if I go back to 1.00 width, it crowds up as shown in the pic.  I've reinstalled the fonts and sometimes, right after the install, it will display properly and even plot ok.

Any ideas as to why the font doesn't display properly?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: TC-ESHse

The only thing I know that causes display issues (but not this severe) is when the text strings have a non-zero elevation.

This one I have not seen before. I'll be watching this thread...
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 13
pendean

Post the DWG with the font file, let's have a look.
Message 4 of 13
braudpat

Hello

Assuming ALL Texts/MTexts are at Z = 0 ...

Just a fast idea, could you copy the next line to your ACAD and your "special" DWG ...

(COMMAND "._dview" "_ALL" "" "points" "0,0,0" "0,0,1" "_exit")(princ)

then VSCURRENT = 2

then REGEN

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
TC-ESHse
in reply to: braudpat

Sorry for the late reply guys . . . project deadlines.

Attached is the titleblock and font file for your review... had to zip it because I couldn't upload a ".ttf" file.

Funny thing happened yesterday and this morning.  I opened the file in Acad 2015 and it's working ok - what a bizarre thing to troubleshoot.  Sometimes I could close out of the file and exit Autocad, go to lunch, come back and open the file again and it's crowded.  Mystery continues!

Thanks again for your help.

Message 6 of 13
TC-ESHse
in reply to: braudpat

Thanks BRAUDPAT - seems like the files are working today. I will do that as soon as it crowds again and will post the results here. I appreciate your input.
Message 7 of 13
TC-ESHse

BRAUDPAT - just opened the file again and the fonts crowded up. I did as you instructed and the fonts look the same. Your command string didn't have an affect on the fonts.
Message 8 of 13
braudpat

Hello

YES with your DWG I have a few MTexts "over" some other MTexts !

But I miss some of your SHX file : ARCH.shx , ARCWY2HC.shx

So it could be a problem !?

My command line was ONLY to check that you are in 2D with a ZERO DVIEW !?

If you use the VIEW command then : Left or Right or Front or Back

---> you will see some lines with 2.5D which means that you have/had some 2.5D / 3D problems with this DWG !

Question: you have this strange probl on ONE PC or on many PCs ?

Sorry I haven't any good solution immediately !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
TC-ESHse

SOLUTION FOUND!  Been a while since I checked this thread, but I'm happy to report that I found a solution to this particular font issue.

I opened the same titleblock drawing and when I went to the Text Style Dialog box, I checked "Annotative" for the Oxford font and clicked Apply then Close. Regen the drawing and the fonts spaced out properly.  I don't know why that makes it read properly, but it does.

Message 10 of 13
TC-ESHse

Another question regarding TTF display error.

The fix was that the mtext in the drawing needed to be set to "Annotative".  Once set on each font, the text spaces properly after selecting OK and a regen is done.

I have a question for the group . . . how can I quickly set All Mtext styles to be Annotative?

Right now I need to open the Text Style dialog box and change the setting for each text style in the opened drawing.  I'd like to be able to do it with one click if possible.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 13
baterluke

I have the same problem with attribute text in a block, although I changed the arial narrow font to annotative it didnt change anything. like others the text is showing too wide on my machine yet normal on others.

It is the red circle with 2 layers of text in.

Any help appreciated

Message 12 of 13
TC-ESHse
in reply to: baterluke

I opened the drawing and the text loaded properly.  Sorry - not sure how to help.

Message 13 of 13
baterluke

It's OK, The text problem was because CAD relies on other programs for some of the fonts, I.e. me word and excellent, I hadn't downloaded these but after I did and restarted PC the text was fine , all sorted . Many thanks for your input.
Luje

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost