Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Selection Cursor Badge

68 REPLIES 68
SOLVED
Message 1 of 69
cad-pe
14528 Views, 68 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Selection Cursor Badge

How is the Selection Cursor Badge turn off? It's very, very annoying. I know if the selection is going to be a crossing because the selection border is dashed and the selection is window because the border is solid (continuous).

Tags (1)
68 REPLIES 68
Message 21 of 69

@SaturnRanchArchitecture & dmarsters

Thanks for your feedback on the cursor badges.

Others... please let me know which cursor badges are distracting you most.  

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Message 22 of 69
dmarsters
in reply to: acadhelp1

Thank you!
-dm
Message 23 of 69
nrz13
in reply to: acadhelp1

I agree that the selection badges are the most obtrusive.  I, too, find the lock badge when hovering over locked layers helpful, though.  That's pretty much the only useful one for me.  The others I have gotten used to and just ignore now.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 24 of 69
mmelechinsky
in reply to: nrz13

AutoDesk: Please give us a way to turn badges OFF! Are you listening? Who dreams up this useless crap anyway? Really? There wasn't anything else on the top ten wish list from AUGI or from your dedicated users that you could have substituted? Jeez....what a waste of my Subscription dollars. That's it. This year is the last. After 2015 no more upgrades. I quit.
Message 25 of 69
acadhelp1
in reply to: mmelechinsky

Hi all,

I want to assure you that we that we are listening and considering the feedback on the cursor badges, added in AutoCAD 2015.   Please continue to provide productive feedback via feedback buttons in AutoCAD (on New Tab page and Help menu) and in these discussion forums.  The feedback emails are best though.

Thanks,

Jon Page

AutoCAD User Experience

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Message 26 of 69
bcampbell11
in reply to: cad-pe

These things need to come with a way to turn off, they are distratcting and useless.  Please count this complaint times 5 from our office.

Thanks

Message 27 of 69
acadhelp1
in reply to: bcampbell11

In response to feedback for AutoCAD 2015, the AutoCAD team is working on a Service Pack to address several of the items that have been reported.

If you would like to get an early preview of this Service Pack, please sign up with our beta site:

http://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=69AA4E59BF9D412BBEBC50B1151E3215

Thanks,

Jon

AutoCAD User Experience

Autodesk, Inc.

Interested in providing early feedback on future releases?   Join the AutoCAD Beta!

https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=738A6891A3B7427AB93D11F45511890E

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Message 28 of 69
Impact

I agree with the complaints re:  the new badges.

Even for my students (in my "other job" I'm the program director for Design Drafting at Montana State University and oversee most of the intro to CAD courses) and new employees they're insulting to their intelligence.

One thing we do not need is more visual clutter.

A system variable would be a nice solution; I'd prefer a checkbox is the Display Tab under the options menu.

(To be candid, I can't imagine that any regular user said "hey, you know what we need is some kind of icon to hover by the curser to remind me what the command I just entered is going to do".)

Message 29 of 69
Mikedaniel1

I have been using Autocad as a professional for 25 years and I have to say how much I HATE the cursor badge feature as I find it so distracting. Fair enough if Autodesk think they need these gimmicks but not being able to disable them is unforgivable.

Fingers crossed the patch will get released soon so I can stop swearing at the screen every these annoying badges appear

Message 30 of 69
tmsz3

I agree to all comments above. While the "Lock" and Matchprop badges are usefull, the new badges for every little command are overwhelming. I wish Autodesk was more focused on productivity improvements versus putting a "makup" on the interface.

Message 31 of 69
scottmoyse
in reply to: tmsz3

Hey just letting you all know Service Pack 1 is out with a system variable to deal with this lot. Here are the details.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 32 of 69
dmarsters
in reply to: scottmoyse

Ahhhhh. Sweet relief. Thanks guys.
Message 33 of 69
SeanMacOz

Hi Scott,

Any idea when the equivalent service pack will be released for AutoCAD Electrical please?

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 34 of 69
TS_69

+ 10E6 (i.e. times 10 to the power of 6 - 1,000,000)

Message 35 of 69
Yorx57

Awsome!! Now how about a variable to shut of that ANNOYING yellow dashed tracking line when moving/copying/etc. ?? I found this to be worse than the badges!

Message 36 of 69
rkmcswain
in reply to: Yorx57

Yorx57 wrote:

....Now how about a variable to shut of that ANNOYING yellow dashed tracking line when moving/copying/etc. ?? I found this to be worse than the badges!

IMO - they don't need to add another sysvar, just allow the properties of the Rubber Band Line to be controlled like it was in 2014, where it took on the same properties as the "Dynamic dimension lines" element in the Colors settings.

rbl.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 37 of 69
Mikedaniel1
in reply to: Yorx57

What a relief we can now disable cursor badges. Thanks for adding the option although the variable should have been there from the start.

I agree it would be nice to be able to get rid of the dotted line.

I know it's not the correct place to mention this but....Commanpreview variable dpoesnt seem to work and it still previews the command ie when using lengthen command. 

Also when I  have selectioneffect to 0 (I hate those glowintg lines and prefer dashed) when I reload Autocad 15 the lines glow again! When I type selectioneffect it still shows as 0 but I have to set it to 1 then set it to zero for it to show dashed lines again. I have to do this everytime I load up.

There are other annoyances I can't seem to sort out but the above 2 would be a start

Message 38 of 69
dgorsman
in reply to: Mikedaniel1

I don't have 2015 in front of me, so you'll have to do some legwork on your end.  Some system variables are stored in the drawing, so if you change them in one drawing it won't "keep" when you switch to another drawing.  Other system variables are stored per profile (AutoCAD, not Windows) so if you start with another profile or change profiles in-session the value may be different from what was set.  So the first steps would be to determine where each system variable is stored.  If its stored in the profile, ensure your profile selection is consistent; if its in the drawing, some automation to set your desired values would be appropriate.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 39 of 69
rkmcswain
in reply to: Mikedaniel1

Mikedaniel1 wrote:
but....Commanpreview variable dpoesnt seem to work and it still previews the command ie when using lengthen command. 

Also when I  have selectioneffect to 0 (I hate those glowintg lines and prefer dashed) when I reload Autocad 15 the lines glow again! When I type selectioneffect it still shows as 0 but I have to set it to 1 then set it to zero for it to show dashed lines again. I have to do this everytime I load up.

1. It works for most commands that I have tried, but you're right it has no effect on LENGTHEN. Report this via a subscription support request if you have not already.
  2. I cannot recreate this here. SELECTIONEFFECT and PRESELECTIONEFFECT are stored in the registry (profile) and they stay put (as does their effect) throughout restarts for me.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 40 of 69
amyismynamey
in reply to: rkmcswain

Now how about implementing that change for Autocad Map!  I have never been so frustrated in my life!  By trying to pack so much info into the new releases, you are slowing down my productivity noticeably!  New is definitely NOT better!  Why change something if it's not broken?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost