Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 - Dynamic Block / Civil Palette / Parking Spaces

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
dennis
2431 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 - Dynamic Block / Civil Palette / Parking Spaces

This specific dynamic block 'outtabox' causes a lock up on my laptop.  All the other dynamic blocks work fine.  My first thought was a bad DWG, so I went and checked it first in my 2014 (worked fine) and then copied the supporting DWGs into place for the 2015.  Again, still locks up my AutoCAD when I use the access for more spaces via the onscreen icon menu down-arrow or the Properties palette.  It appears to work for the first change, say 1 to 3, but a subseqent change causes a lock up.

Anyone seen this as well?  Any ideas for a fix?  I do have users that use this tool so I wanna fix it up.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: dennis

Hi,

>> This specific dynamic block 'outtabox' causes a lock up on my laptop.  All the other dynamic blocks work fine

So it's specific to just that one block, I guess we need that block to be able to say anything about that specific block 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11
dennis
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yeah, you are right, the specific dynamic block probably would help.  It is the Parking-Imperial Dynamic Block (and the Parking-Metric Dynamic Block does it too) on the Civil tool palette which is pulled from the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Sample\en-US\Dynamic Blocks\Civil - Imperial.dwg

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> It is the Parking-Imperial Dynamic Block (and the Parking-Metric Dynamic Block does it too) on the Civil tool palette

Which one from them (look to my screenshot, there is more than ONE parking block)? I have tried a few of them, no issues.

So it might also be interesting what modifications you (exactly) tried that crahsed C3D.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 11
jdavis417
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I don't think he ever mentioned C3D... just that it comes from the Civil Pallette?

When I changed to 4, it took a few seconds.  10 has been crunching for about 15 minutes, now.  I only have 4GB of DDR3 memory... how much do each of you have?

When I get tired of waiting (or if it succeeds) I'll try a few things on both the original file (like opening, purge, audit and saving it) then maybe recreating the array part of the dynamic block.

Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jdavis417

Hi,

>> I don't think he ever mentioned C3D... just that it comes from the Civil Pallette?

Sorry, my mistake.

And now using the correct palette and so the block "Parking - Metric" I can reproduce the issue, not good. ;(

Might be a useful info: after every single change of the array-value ("Spaces") the command _AUDIT finds errors (number of errors  = number of spaces - 1)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 11
jdavis417

I re-created the dynamic block from scratch and it worked in the Test environment to array out 10 times exactly once!  I went back to add the capability to array it out 20 times and it failed (the same result as before... the software does its impression of "The Thinking Man" statue).  I re-visited the block and it would not work, even though no save was done from the previous attempt at "improvement".

I have reported the issue via the Feedback button provided on the glorious Home page in AutoCAD.

P.S. Isn't it neat how I have two login's with the same name but different attributes? I seem to recall a "one login for all Autodesk" mantra? haw-haw
Message 8 of 11
dennis

Experimenting around a bit on this.  It seems it has to do with a combination of the Constraints/DimConstraints fighting with the Array command.  I recreated the block with no Constraints whatsoever, and it seems to perform as expected.  Once I get to about 4 or 5 various constraints, it locks up.  Then I went the other way, by inserting the Parking-Imperial and deleting constraints.  Once down to just 3, it was stable.

Message 9 of 11
dennis

I have now checked this on several other installs on different PCs with different hardware.  Each have the same problem.  Autodesk, a bug fix would be nice.

Message 10 of 11
jdavis417

Christopher Chen of Autodesk is looking into this!

Message 11 of 11
chenchri

Thank you all for trying and reporting the issue. It has been passed to development team for research and potential fix. Christopher
Christopher Chen
AutoCAD Test Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost