Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Display Plot Styles Failure

42 REPLIES 42
SOLVED
Message 1 of 43
heinsite
26881 Views, 42 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Display Plot Styles Failure

Is anyone else seeing the Display Plot Styles function not working in Layouts in AutoCAD 2015?  I can open the same file with the same B&W plot style setting in both AutoCAD 2014 and 2015, and even though the "Display Plot Style" box is checked in the Page Setup Manager, 2014 will display the Layout on screen correctly and 2015 will not.  Both use a B&W plot style.  2014 will show onscreen correctly... 2015 will display in colors.

If I begin a brand new file in 2015 I can make this work.  But it seems files that were created in 2014 won't.  I should add that both versions will plot the files correctly, and they will display correctly in a preview.  It just appears that they will not display correctly (in this case in B&W) onscreen in the Layouts.

Either I've missed a setting somewhere or there might really be something off here.  A few independent checks by a few of you out there might help.

Thanks!

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
42 REPLIES 42
Message 21 of 43
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: hemanray

Hi,

look to my video ... what I'm showing is what is not working on your system?

Or am I doing anything in another way compared to your steps? If so, what are your steps?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 22 of 43
hemanray
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

What you show in the video is fine.  But as you noticed there are several page layouts within the drawing.

If you have to do this to every single page layouts to every single drawings - it becomes quite tedious.

Try doing this to every tab.  It will work once on one tab, but won't work on the others.

The drawing that I 'm currently working on has 19 different page layout using the same site plan.

I tried your trick but it only worked once. on one tab, but not on the others.

Message 23 of 43
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The drawing that I 'm currently working on has 19 different page layout using the same site plan.

>> I tried your trick but it only worked once

I'm now surprised that you saw any "trick", what have I done that makes you thinking that?

When I open your drawing I don't need to go through any layout because they are all presented with your CTB activated.

And my first question is now: when you open the file you get the layouts not presented greyscale-like?

That I switched the "Display Plotstyles" in the video was just to see a difference between on and off and you can then tell me what runs different.

In you prev. message I have not seen anything like "first is ok, but the others not" or something similar, the message 16 in this thread I understood that like "you open the drawings and the layouts are presented wrong" ... I opened your drawing (with AutoCAD 2015) and it was presented ok. So is that the difference where we should start now to go deeper ... or am I wrong anyway?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 24 of 43
hemanray

i get the same results that you show on the video.  When switching from on to off - the settings come back, except for the solid shades.

These shades are not being screened in greyscale.

>>And my first question is now: when you open the file you get the layouts not presented greyscale-like?

When opening the drawing, yes, the layouts do show as greyscale except for the solid shades.

Only items in the drawings that are not showing the linetypes selected in the plot styles are the solid shades.

The solid shades - colours 246 to 255 are screened from 5% to 100% (ie.  246 is 5%, 247 is 10%, 248 is 15% etc).

The jpg attached show what come up.

The pdf file is what it should be.

Message 25 of 43
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

what happens if you set LAYOUTREGENCTL to 0 and just change from one layout to another one?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 26 of 43
hemanray

That's it!!!!

Thanks a million.  That definetly solve the problem.  Now I can tab from one sheet to another and the shading / screening is appearing like it should.

Good to know that you were able to solve my problem.

Message 27 of 43
biasantiz

Hi Alfred:

I was wondering if you could help me.  I'm working in a new office, I'm trying to copy their plot styles to work from home, but as soon as I copy them to the plot styles folder, and I try to plot, the program freezes and doesn;t respond.  I've tried with other plotstyles from my previous job and they work perfectly, is just these other files, please help me

Best

B

Message 28 of 43
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: biasantiz

crosspost ... continue >>>there<<<.

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 29 of 43
ademagistris
in reply to: heinsite

I have just gotten a new computer and upgraded to Autocad Architecture 2015 - I was using 2010 until yesterday. I can't get the sheets to appear in black and white. I have checked the display plot style box in Page Setup Manager which always used to work (in previous upgrades), but it doesn't now! The sheets plot black - I have a monochrome ctb, but they appear in color. It is difficult to look at. Any ideas? All the projects I am working on have this issue.

Message 30 of 43
daniel.ambroz
in reply to: heinsite

I am having same (or similar issue) with Autocad 2015 - in the layout properties I checked the box for display plot styles. "Funny" thing is that it works sometimes and in some drawings, almost randomly. I have RAL colors of the facade and they are sometimes displayed as they should be, sometimes just some grey and sometime black, right now facade is grey and the door with same RAL displays in RAL.

Another thing is that solid hatch with RAL colour is mostly displayed OK, but hatch with RAL background and pattern of any other colour will display only in colour of the pattern. This happens also not always.

Anybody any idea how to fix this please? Thank you all, Daniel

Message 31 of 43

Hi,

>> I have RAL colors

That's the source of your problem. RAL colors are true color, whereas CTB-settings (or STB) can only convert colors using color-index method (so colors 1 to 255).

All true-colors stay at their value.

You have now the chance to change the layers within the viewports and override the layercolor or another chance is to plot to a PDF and convert that to greyscale (or create a PDF-printer that has a setting for greyscale printing).

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 32 of 43

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

>> I have RAL colors

That's the source of your problem. RAL colors are true color, whereas CTB-settings (or STB) can only convert colors using color-index method (so colors 1 to 255).

All true-colors stay at their value.

You have now the chance to change the layers within the viewports and override the layercolor or another chance is to plot to a PDF and convert that to greyscale (or create a PDF-printer that has a setting for greyscale printing).

HTH, - alfred -

Hi Alfred,

thanks for your interest, but my point is: I am drawing elevations and I want to have exact (as much as possible) colour of the facade, doors, gates and so on. So I want to use true colour and I want to see it in the layouts and have it printed. I did the hatch so that the background is a wall panel of the desired RAL colour and put the line pattern (in the same hatch) so it would show the wall is made of panels of some width, these lines were darker colour. And because of this pattern all the hatch adopted its colour in the layout. Then, when printed, the elevations look as I want them to. Problem is in displaing this hatch with pattern and background.

Message 33 of 43

Hi,

>> So I want to use true colour and I want to see it in the layouts and have it printed

please show the drawing + a PDF where we can see the facade and compare drawing with PDF.

At least that has nothing to do with this thread here as the title is "AutoCAD 2015 Display Plot Styles Failure" .. or I'm missing something again.

- alfred

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 34 of 43

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

>> So I want to use true colour and I want to see it in the layouts and have it printed

please show the drawing + a PDF where we can see the facade and compare drawing with PDF.

At least that has nothing to do with this thread here as the title is "AutoCAD 2015 Display Plot Styles Failure" .. or I'm missing something again.

- alfred

Hi Alfred,

I think we only do not understand each other correctly. Please have a look at the pictures. What I am drawing in the Model space is in the picture "how it should look", in the Model space it looks as I want. Then I created viewport with Display plot style option checked and my elevations is in the picture "how it looks in the layout" - the background of the hatch adopts the colour of that line pattern. When I print it, it is printed OK. So I think this is exactly problem for this topic 🙂

Message 35 of 43

Hi,

to see what the objects/layers have assigned, what visual style the viewport has assigned, it would be necessary to look into the drawing.

The screenshots show different backgrounds, but that might be just one of possible thousands of reasons.

I'm again unsure why you want to plot anything in correct RAL-color assignment, but you are using a plot style.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 36 of 43

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

to see what the objects/layers have assigned, what visual style the viewport has assigned, it would be necessary to look into the drawing.

The screenshots show different backgrounds, but that might be just one of possible thousands of reasons.

I'm again unsure why you want to plot anything in correct RAL-color assignment, but you are using a plot style.

- alfred -

Hi Alfred,

I am using plot style because the facade is the only thing that I want to plot in correct RAL for investor, everything else is regular drawing. And I mos tly work in the Model space but I want to see how my drawings will look like when printed. The screenshots have different backgrounds, I am OK with default setting in Autocad about colours - black in Model space, white in Layouts. This really should not affect anything of this. And RAL-s are displayed correctly, only problem is when using a hatch with RAL background and some pattern

Message 37 of 43

Hi,

>> about colours - black in Model space, white in Layouts. This really should not affect anything of this

Tried/verified or assumption?

Can you show a drawing?

I try to help (instead of guessing around), but I'm not investing time (hours) in creating a drawing (that hopefully is equal to your's) to maybe (or not) see what you get.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 38 of 43

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

>> about colours - black in Model space, white in Layouts. This really should not affect anything of this

Can you show a drawing?

I try to help (instead of guessing around), but I'm not investing time (hours) in creating a drawing (that hopefully is equal to your's) to maybe (or not) see what you get.

- alfred -

Hi Alfred,

I know you try to help and I appreciate it. Now I do not have the drawing, it is in my office. I sent the pictures to show what it looks like, on Monday I can post the drawing. Thank you for your interest.

Daniel

Message 39 of 43

@daniel.ambroz wrote:

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

Can you show a drawing?

- alfred -

Hi Alfred,

here is the drawing. In the model space there are two elevations. Left (the small one) has a pattern that I want. In the model space it is displayed OK, in the viewport the hatch takes colour after the pattern colour. Right one has a hatch of RAL that I want but the hatch is not combined of a pattern and background colour. This elevation is displayed correctly in viewport, but it is not what I want.

Message 40 of 43

Hi Alfred,

today I got Service pack for Autocad and it is working now, so that was probably some bug in Autocad.

Anyway thank you for your interest and help and best regards

Daniel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost