Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 - Cannot Open File From Explorer

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CJCAED
3388 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 - Cannot Open File From Explorer

Any ideas why I can no longer open a DWG by double-clicking the file from Windows Explorer (Windows 7 x64)?  I have Building Design Suite 2015 installed, and this has never been a problem with 2013 or 2014.  If I right-click the file and select "Open With...", AutoCAD DWG Launcher is selected (See attachment).  However, when I double-click the file, nothing happens.  If I change the default program to acad.exe, the file will open, but multiple files open multiple instances of AutoCAD.

Originally, I installed 2015 next to 2014, but since having the problem, I completely uninstalled all Autodesk products and installed 2015 "clean".  Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: CJCAED

With ACLAUNCHER as the choice, you must have run AutoCAD last for it to 'remember' to use it again (until you launch another DWG-stealing application: 2015 works fine here in Win7 64bit, are you using another OS?
Message 3 of 5
CJCAED
in reply to: pendean

Well, I started from scratch a 2nd time and re-installed the Suite.  Everything seems to be working fine now.  Odd.  Hopefully everythign sticks so I don't have to go through that again.

For reference, yes, I am using Windows 7 x64.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

I'm not running a Suite so it may be another application in your suite is reassigning the DWG extension when it launches. Likely to happen to you again until you start AutoCAD once first.
Message 5 of 5
dimitri

The problem is that Autodesk has included the application "AcLauncher.exe" as the default for openning DWG files. Just go to Explorer and change the OPEN WITH  application to ADAD.EXE, located in the installation folder (the icon should also be there).

If it keeps not working, try seting SDI to 0.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost