Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 API Crashes with Exception

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DMadhuri
600 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 API Crashes with Exception

Hi All,

I have upgraded my addins from 2014 to 2015 and when I start AutoCAD I see the below error.

Has any one experienced this before/ recommend any fix?

Any help is really appreciated.

Application does not support just-in-time (JIT)

debugging. See the end of this message for details.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component.

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.GetObject(String PathName, String Class)

at RBP.CommandClass..ctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.PerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Boolean bLispFunction)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Acdbmgd

Assembly Version: 20.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 20.0.51.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/AutoCAD%202015/AcdbMgd.DLL

----------------------------------------

System

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: DMadhuri

Hi,

>> I have upgraded my addins from 2014 to 2015

And you have changed the Framework from 4.0 to 4.5 in your visual studio project settings?

2015 needs 4.5, but your report shows 4.0 as referenced Framework release.

BTW: there is a special forum for AutoCAD and dotNET >>>there<<< (for your next questions 😉 )

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
DMadhuri
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred ,

Thanks for the response.I will post my further queries in the .net section from next post.

And for the existing query, I did change the Target framewrok from 4.0 to 4.5 and also the referenced libraries show 4.5 as shown in the image

Please find the screen shots which may be helpful to track down the problem. Let me know if I missed any

ACAD_API.png

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: DMadhuri

Hi,

>> I did change the Target framewrok from 4.0 to 4.5 and also the referenced libraries show 4.5 as shown in the image

And the exception is the same?

Can you give us the information about what ActiveX objects you have included/referenced within your project?

And your previous solution that worked ... was that based on 32bit or 64bit AutoCAD?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost