Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 64 Character Limit Issue In Sheet Set Manager

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
omorah
1663 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 64 Character Limit Issue In Sheet Set Manager

In AutoCAD 2015, I could not import a set of files (Layouts) into the Sheet Set Manager because it wrongly implied that the characters I was importing were more than 64 characters.  After a few tries, I opened 2014 and they imported smoothly.  I have abandoned 2015 until I have a solution.

On the second machine with 2015, it will not work also, however, right-click on the layout tab and "Import Layout To Sheet Set" works.  This is tideous if you have lots of file so import.

Any solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AIR_123
in reply to: omorah

@omorah wrote:

In AutoCAD 2015, I could not import a set of files (Layouts) into the Sheet Set Manager because it wrongly implied that the characters I was importing were more than 64 characters.  After a few tries, I opened 2014 and they imported smoothly.  I have abandoned 2015 until I have a solution.

On the second machine with 2015, it will not work also, however, right-click on the layout tab and "Import Layout To Sheet Set" works.  This is tideous if you have lots of file so import.

Any solutions?

No solution so far.... I hope Autodesk can develop patch for older versions.....

How about new versions 2016; 2017; 2018? Any improvements?

Message 3 of 4
michael
in reply to: omorah

@AIR_123: 'How about new versions 2016; 2017; 2018? Any improvements?'

Well, I just installed AutoCAD 2022 and got the error described above...even though I personally have never come across this in any previous version to date. And this included the update from last month!

Michael Cuadra
Senior CAD Draftsman
Seaport Stainless
Richmond, California, USA
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost