AutoCAD 2015 - 27 unfixed bugs

50 REPLIES 50
Message 1 of 51
w64bit
57337 Views, 50 Replies

1. Grip colors > Grip contour color.
This setting should be available for all grips. Now, it's not working for triangular grips (on mtext, table ...).

Conclusion: Grip contour color should be working also for triangular grips.
=======================================
2. Insert a block.
BEDIT the block > the window has the correct thumbnail preview image size (like it is on Open file dialog).
REFEDIT the block > the window has a very small thumbnail preview image size (!?!).

Conclusion: The thumbnail preview image size should be large also for REFEDIT a block.
3. Purge window => "All items" DWG icon is not displayed with true colors.
4. TEMPOVERRIDES=1
When I try to turn on ORTHO using Shift key override, there is 1/2 second delay, which is annoying.

Conclusion: Please eliminate this delay in order to make the command snappy.
5. DTEXTED = 0 or 2.
Double click to edit a single line text. All text is selected.
Move the mouse cursor over the selected text. The cursor is the "arrow" type.
The cursor should be "text select" type (vertical cursor). It was like this in AutoCAD 2006.
Because the cursor is "arrow" type, it is necessary to click once to deselect the text and after that to put the cursor inside the text or to select the part of it.
This leads to an extra click when do single line editing.

Conclusion: Please eliminate this extra click in this way:
- when editing a single line text and all text is selected (at the beginning of editing or during it), the cursor over the selected text should be "text select" type.
- when only a part of the text is selected, the cursor over the selected text should be "arrow" type, in order to drag and drop selected text.
6. Create a single or multiline line text.
Enter editing > select a piece of text > try to move it to another location.

Problem: The positioning vertical marker is not displayed.
7. Start a new drawing.
Assign color red to layer 0.
Make a new layer, assign color yellow and make it current.
DIST > pick first point => the dynamic line has the color of layer 0.
MEASUREGEOM + Distance > pick first point => the dynamic line has the color of layer 0.

Conclusion: The dynamic line should respect the color of Dynamic Dimension Lines given in the Options > Display > Colors.
8. Draw a rectangle.
PLOT > Set the plot area using Window button.
Choose the corners of the rectangle > The area is defined.
Click again on the Window button and zoom in as much as possible to a rectangle corner => the highlighted area is not displayed correctly (is shifted from the rectangle edges).
9. Open a drawing. Go to the layout.
PLOT > Set the plot area using Window button.
Choose the corners of the area to be plotted => The area is defined.
Click again on the Window button => the area previous defined is not highlighted, like it is in Model space.

Conclusion: The selected zone for plotting should be highlighted, like it is in Model space.
10. A computer with:
- Windows 7
- ClearType OFF (Smooth edges of screen font OFF).

MEASUREGEOM + Distance > after picking second point, temporary dimensions appears with measured values.
This values have ClearType ON even if inside OS ClearType is turned OFF.

Conclusion: These temporary dimension values should respect the OS ClearType setting like it is for all dynamic input inside AutoCAD.
11. A computer with:
- Windows 7 + Aero
- ClearType OFF (Smooth edges of screen font OFF).

All dynamic input text has ClearType always ON no matter if it was turned off inside Windows.

Conclusion:
Please correct text rendering in order to respect the Windows settings.
12. Draw a rectangle.

Start inquire area by MEASUREGEOM or AREA but do not end the command.
Zoom in as much as you can.

Problem: The highlighted zone is shifted from the rectangle.
13. Create an MTEXT with large limits.
Type some text > save and close editor.

Problem: These large limits are kept until you resize them manually.

Solution: Please add a variable or set this by default:
after save and close the mtext editor the text limits to shrink automatically near the text, in order to be as smaller as possible, without changing the text formatting.
14. Start a new drawing.
Dimension Style Manager > Modify > Primary units.
Zero suppression > turn ON Trailing by checking the checkbox.
OK + Close Dimension Style Manager.

Problem: Open again Dimension Style Manager => Trailing is not checked.
If you cannot replicate from the first time, try several times.
15. Start a new drawing.
Draw a line with layer 0 (zero).
Copy to clipboard (Ctrl+C) the line.
Create a layer having red color, named RED.
Set layer RED current.
Paste the line (Ctrl+V). Do not click to add the line to the drawing.
The line has the red color (of the current layer) instead the color of layer 0.

Before paste, the line should have the color of the 0 layer.
This happens with all entities drawn with layer 0.
16. Insert 2 viewports in a layout.
Lock one viewport using the lock button on AutoCAD status bar.
Select both viewports.

Problem: You cannot lock/unlock all selected viewports using the lock button, when at least one of the vieports is locked and the rest of them are unlocked.
17. Before adding any color in the color drop down list toolbar, the items are fitting the list height. No space remains after the last item.
If I add a new color, the list is expanded only by 5 pixels and the scrollbar is active.
Please make the color drop down list to expand correctly in order to display the new item.

Also, any other dropdown list, like Layer, Linetypes, Lineweights, Dimstyles, are expanding when adding a new item, up to approx 30 lines.
I propose to make Color dropdown list the same: to be expandable and longer in order not to use scrollbar for only few items added.
I think that this list was the single one not updated since AutoCAD 2000.
18. On Ribbon or toolbars, in the Layer drop down list are displayed:
- On/Off
- Thawed/Frozen
- VP Thaw/VP Freeze
- Unlocked/Locked
The default state for a layer is On, Thawed, VP Thaw and Unlocked.
For On, Thawed, VP Thaw the icon color is yellow.

Problem:
For Unlocked the icon color is blue. On Layer Properties Manager, the Unlocked icon color is OK (yellow).

Solution:
I think that the color of the Unlocked icon (in the default state) must be changed to yellow in order to be the same as the rest of the icons.
Any user will know that when the color is:
- yellow, the layer is in the default state;
- blue, the state is changed.
19. Linetype Manager > Show Details
Problem:
Global Scale Factor and Current Object Scale values are always displayed with 4 digits of precision.

Solution:
These values should be displayed with zero suppression (trailing) like it is for Dimension Style Manager values.
Or, respect Units precision.
20. Plot > Plot Style Table Editor > Form View > Plot Styles
Cannot select multiple styles using mouse window select
21. Please fix ClearType (font rendering) for Layer Manager window content.
When is turned OFF inside Windows, should be turned OFF in AutoCAD.
22. When you enter a true color value in the Index Color tab an error message appears: "Not a valid color name or value".
Please eliminate this error message and correct this in order that all input boxes from all tabs to allow any type of color input (ACI, True color, Color Books) and to switch to corresponding tab type automatically.
23. DIST dynamic line with thickness
To replicate:
Open any drawing > go to Layout.
Turn ON Lineweight.
Enter DIST command. Pick first point. Do not pick second point.
Instead do wheel mouse zoom in. => the temporary line has thickness. It should not.

Conclusion: Please fix in order that DIST temporary line to be displayed without thickness, like it is in Model.
24. First time when opening the new Layer Manager, the rows are spaced too much.
To fix, you have to close and open again Layer Manager.
25. Plot > Shade viewport options > Shade plot
Click on combo box and use mouse wheel to scroll in list => cursor disappear.
Please fix this.
26. Please increase the size of the DWG preview image in open file dialog (10-20%)
Also, please add DWG file version below the preview, for selected file.
27. The XREF preview thumbnail image from References Edit window does not respect the drawing background color, like it is for DWG preview.

50 REPLIES 50
Message 21 of 51
eqcanada
in reply to: w64bit

Pasting dynamic bock to another drawing resets dynamic block to original state

Message 22 of 51
nrz13
in reply to: eqcanada

I'm not experiencing that one.  I'm using keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V).

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 23 of 51
pendean

Ron-C: sign up and participate, bump up the numbers 😉
Message 24 of 51
Steve_Johnson
in reply to: nrz13

@nrz13 wrote:

I'm guessing 5.  But seriously, it wouldn't matter how many beta testers there were.  Autodesk has a deadline to get a product out and it will go out by the deadline regardless if it's ready for deployment.  I'd bet half of the problems found so far were already reported in beta testing and that Autodesk is already aware of them.

</cynicism>

</realism>

Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray
Message 25 of 51
pendean

Be sure to report this bug to Autodesk, posting here is pointless:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

If you are a subscription user, you can report through the Subscription Center as well.
Message 26 of 51
kjbike7

I pick INSERT,  everything freezes.    I wait about 1 min,  pick INSERT again, and it opens.  

Windows 7 64-bit operating system

5th day on 2015

Mouse (screen) freezes (hesitates) with PANNING.  Solution = turn off Hardware Acceleration

Message 27 of 51
kjbike7

yeah, and the cad screen goes very small
Message 28 of 51
toni

An other bug that's been going on since at least autocad 2010.

When you handle an external reference which has in it a dynamic bloc with a shade in it and you edit this external reference in place from the host archive, the shades inside the dynamic blocks' draworder goes nuts... the shade goes on top of the lines.

Message 29 of 51
magdic13

Hello there,
Another very irritating problem in the long run .......
I work in 3D with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Structural Detailing (ASD), when I change SCU and I put in the new system coordoné XY in plan view, the command line does not work right ....
I click on my first point, the line normally follow my mouse to the second item quelquonque (ortho deactivated), the gold I have no overview of my line it was not my smiled, instead I line horizotal which moves only horizontally as if she eter stay in the SCG ...
but when I click on the second item line is done correctly.
the strangest things run smoothly for a polyline, and when I go with a dynamic input (DYNMODE) line I am perfectly smiled.
Now I find that the dynamics slows down before the bcp works and suddenly if I removed her quickly becomes unpleasant this line'm not smiled!!

Message 30 of 51

I have been having this problem with the free version available to students.My laptop (dell m3800) informs me that my drivers are up to date....I'm unsure how to proceed. Any suggestions? (Nvidia quadro k1100m)

Thank you!

Message 31 of 51
Z00111111

They could try holding off releasing the 2016 version until, I don't know, 2016? 2015 could have been released, this might be shocking, in 2015? Not in early 2014...

Software companies don't seem to care about releasing functional software anymore. It's all about getting those new features out so people buy pretty much the same thing every year. It's killing the games industry too.

Message 32 of 51
nrz13
in reply to: Z00111111

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think the reason they release it a year early is ostensibly so they can address the bugs and issue service packs.  By the time companies deploy it, the year is accurate.  I said ostensibly, though, because they don't seem too concerned with addressing most bugs.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 33 of 51
detroit808

Two Vertical viewports in modelspace have undesired graphical problems when selecting or hovering over objects, the result is that the a dashed or shaded outline of the object appears 75mm to the left of the actual object selected or hovered over.

Message 34 of 51
toni

But the biggest problem is that in my office we can't afford paying new licenses every year. We change every 5 years or so our licenses. So, we have payed 5 licenses autocad 2015 lt and one 2014 lt recently for software that crashes and is not able to do the most basic functions with ASUS mounted computers we bought 4 months ago. After trying it, I can absolutely say 2010 lt is far more stable. And I don't give a crap about the bugfixing which might or might not fix the bugs overtime. I am paying more than 1,000€ a license for a software that I want it to work rigth a way. I don't remember signing up for the beta tester program... And I am stuck with this faulty autocad at least 5 more years, wishing our boss let us downgrade to 2010 because it simply does not crash! (but he won´t)

Message 35 of 51
rrl642

anyone have this problem?

when I xref in other drawings, entities take on the color and linetype of the drawing I xref them into and do not hold their original colors and linetypes....

Message 36 of 51
nestly2
in reply to: rrl642

@rrl642     VISRETAIN  1 or 0?

Message 37 of 51
rrl642
in reply to: nestly2

Message 38 of 51
dustin_le

@w64bit wrote:

30. Low performance when trying to copy/move a hatch with minimmum 40-50 corner grips or a block containing such a hatch.

We are also experiencing very slow panning speeds when using the middle mouse button during editting multi-line text.

Message 39 of 51
pendean
in reply to: dustin_le

I have to say that's one of the things that's no slow in 2015 for me on my mid-grade PC.

Suggestions from Autodesk if anyone what to explore more options http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Optimiz...
Message 40 of 51
dustin_le
in reply to: pendean

Thanks. But these issues didn't exist in previous versions of ACAD; why should we have to turn off Aero to have a newer version of ACAD perform like the previous version? I don't think it is a hardware performance issue?

Xeon E3-1230v3

16GB RAM

Quadro K600

256GB SSD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost