AutoCAD 2015 - 27 unfixed bugs

50 REPLIES 50
Message 1 of 51
w64bit
57289 Views, 50 Replies

1. Grip colors > Grip contour color.
This setting should be available for all grips. Now, it's not working for triangular grips (on mtext, table ...).

Conclusion: Grip contour color should be working also for triangular grips.
=======================================
2. Insert a block.
BEDIT the block > the window has the correct thumbnail preview image size (like it is on Open file dialog).
REFEDIT the block > the window has a very small thumbnail preview image size (!?!).

Conclusion: The thumbnail preview image size should be large also for REFEDIT a block.
3. Purge window => "All items" DWG icon is not displayed with true colors.
4. TEMPOVERRIDES=1
When I try to turn on ORTHO using Shift key override, there is 1/2 second delay, which is annoying.

Conclusion: Please eliminate this delay in order to make the command snappy.
5. DTEXTED = 0 or 2.
Double click to edit a single line text. All text is selected.
Move the mouse cursor over the selected text. The cursor is the "arrow" type.
The cursor should be "text select" type (vertical cursor). It was like this in AutoCAD 2006.
Because the cursor is "arrow" type, it is necessary to click once to deselect the text and after that to put the cursor inside the text or to select the part of it.
This leads to an extra click when do single line editing.

Conclusion: Please eliminate this extra click in this way:
- when editing a single line text and all text is selected (at the beginning of editing or during it), the cursor over the selected text should be "text select" type.
- when only a part of the text is selected, the cursor over the selected text should be "arrow" type, in order to drag and drop selected text.
6. Create a single or multiline line text.
Enter editing > select a piece of text > try to move it to another location.

Problem: The positioning vertical marker is not displayed.
7. Start a new drawing.
Assign color red to layer 0.
Make a new layer, assign color yellow and make it current.
DIST > pick first point => the dynamic line has the color of layer 0.
MEASUREGEOM + Distance > pick first point => the dynamic line has the color of layer 0.

Conclusion: The dynamic line should respect the color of Dynamic Dimension Lines given in the Options > Display > Colors.
8. Draw a rectangle.
PLOT > Set the plot area using Window button.
Choose the corners of the rectangle > The area is defined.
Click again on the Window button and zoom in as much as possible to a rectangle corner => the highlighted area is not displayed correctly (is shifted from the rectangle edges).
9. Open a drawing. Go to the layout.
PLOT > Set the plot area using Window button.
Choose the corners of the area to be plotted => The area is defined.
Click again on the Window button => the area previous defined is not highlighted, like it is in Model space.

Conclusion: The selected zone for plotting should be highlighted, like it is in Model space.
10. A computer with:
- Windows 7
- ClearType OFF (Smooth edges of screen font OFF).

MEASUREGEOM + Distance > after picking second point, temporary dimensions appears with measured values.
This values have ClearType ON even if inside OS ClearType is turned OFF.

Conclusion: These temporary dimension values should respect the OS ClearType setting like it is for all dynamic input inside AutoCAD.
11. A computer with:
- Windows 7 + Aero
- ClearType OFF (Smooth edges of screen font OFF).

All dynamic input text has ClearType always ON no matter if it was turned off inside Windows.

Conclusion:
Please correct text rendering in order to respect the Windows settings.
12. Draw a rectangle.

Start inquire area by MEASUREGEOM or AREA but do not end the command.
Zoom in as much as you can.

Problem: The highlighted zone is shifted from the rectangle.
13. Create an MTEXT with large limits.
Type some text > save and close editor.

Problem: These large limits are kept until you resize them manually.

Solution: Please add a variable or set this by default:
after save and close the mtext editor the text limits to shrink automatically near the text, in order to be as smaller as possible, without changing the text formatting.
14. Start a new drawing.
Dimension Style Manager > Modify > Primary units.
Zero suppression > turn ON Trailing by checking the checkbox.
OK + Close Dimension Style Manager.

Problem: Open again Dimension Style Manager => Trailing is not checked.
If you cannot replicate from the first time, try several times.
15. Start a new drawing.
Draw a line with layer 0 (zero).
Copy to clipboard (Ctrl+C) the line.
Create a layer having red color, named RED.
Set layer RED current.
Paste the line (Ctrl+V). Do not click to add the line to the drawing.
The line has the red color (of the current layer) instead the color of layer 0.

Before paste, the line should have the color of the 0 layer.
This happens with all entities drawn with layer 0.
16. Insert 2 viewports in a layout.
Lock one viewport using the lock button on AutoCAD status bar.
Select both viewports.

Problem: You cannot lock/unlock all selected viewports using the lock button, when at least one of the vieports is locked and the rest of them are unlocked.
17. Before adding any color in the color drop down list toolbar, the items are fitting the list height. No space remains after the last item.
If I add a new color, the list is expanded only by 5 pixels and the scrollbar is active.
Please make the color drop down list to expand correctly in order to display the new item.

Also, any other dropdown list, like Layer, Linetypes, Lineweights, Dimstyles, are expanding when adding a new item, up to approx 30 lines.
I propose to make Color dropdown list the same: to be expandable and longer in order not to use scrollbar for only few items added.
I think that this list was the single one not updated since AutoCAD 2000.
18. On Ribbon or toolbars, in the Layer drop down list are displayed:
- On/Off
- Thawed/Frozen
- VP Thaw/VP Freeze
- Unlocked/Locked
The default state for a layer is On, Thawed, VP Thaw and Unlocked.
For On, Thawed, VP Thaw the icon color is yellow.

Problem:
For Unlocked the icon color is blue. On Layer Properties Manager, the Unlocked icon color is OK (yellow).

Solution:
I think that the color of the Unlocked icon (in the default state) must be changed to yellow in order to be the same as the rest of the icons.
Any user will know that when the color is:
- yellow, the layer is in the default state;
- blue, the state is changed.
19. Linetype Manager > Show Details
Problem:
Global Scale Factor and Current Object Scale values are always displayed with 4 digits of precision.

Solution:
These values should be displayed with zero suppression (trailing) like it is for Dimension Style Manager values.
Or, respect Units precision.
20. Plot > Plot Style Table Editor > Form View > Plot Styles
Cannot select multiple styles using mouse window select
21. Please fix ClearType (font rendering) for Layer Manager window content.
When is turned OFF inside Windows, should be turned OFF in AutoCAD.
22. When you enter a true color value in the Index Color tab an error message appears: "Not a valid color name or value".
Please eliminate this error message and correct this in order that all input boxes from all tabs to allow any type of color input (ACI, True color, Color Books) and to switch to corresponding tab type automatically.
23. DIST dynamic line with thickness
To replicate:
Open any drawing > go to Layout.
Turn ON Lineweight.
Enter DIST command. Pick first point. Do not pick second point.
Instead do wheel mouse zoom in. => the temporary line has thickness. It should not.

Conclusion: Please fix in order that DIST temporary line to be displayed without thickness, like it is in Model.
24. First time when opening the new Layer Manager, the rows are spaced too much.
To fix, you have to close and open again Layer Manager.
25. Plot > Shade viewport options > Shade plot
Click on combo box and use mouse wheel to scroll in list => cursor disappear.
Please fix this.
26. Please increase the size of the DWG preview image in open file dialog (10-20%)
Also, please add DWG file version below the preview, for selected file.
27. The XREF preview thumbnail image from References Edit window does not respect the drawing background color, like it is for DWG preview.

50 REPLIES 50
Message 2 of 51
w64bit
in reply to: w64bit

28. Open AutoCAD > File > Open > do not select any file
Open another program
Switch between AutoCAD and the other program using Alt + Tab.
The problem is that the other program content window is displayed beneath the File open dialog.

Message 3 of 51
pendean

28 is because it's separate from the application window: you must be a single monitor user, those with dual or more monitors love this feature (ie it's not a bug).
Message 4 of 51
pendean

There seem to be a few duplicates in 1-27 BTW and a few are wishlist items and not "bugs": just because you don't like it doesn't make it a bug.
There are valid "bugs" in your list otherwise, hope the confusion in your post doesn't take away from them.
Message 5 of 51
Ron-C
in reply to: pendean

I can confirm the odd behavior of the highlited area of the measure area.

It does give the correct size....but would certainly make you question weather or not it picked

the correct snap locations It only seems to affect the Horizontal portion on my screen.

I seem to recall this issue many many years ago with an earlier version of Autocad.

Windows 7 Enterprize 64bit

i5 3.2 ghz CPU

AMD Firepro V3900 Most recent driver.

Area Offset.PNG

Message 6 of 51
jggerth1

@w64bit wrote:

1. Grip colors > Grip contour color.
This setting should be available for all grips. Now, it's not working for triangular grips (on mtext, table ...).

A good list, but:

It's a bit late in the shipping cycle for any of those to be addressed.  Can I suggest you sign up for the Beta program, since that's the last chance users have for this feed back to effect a change - short of waiting for a possible service pack that may or may not happen?
http://beta.autodesk.com

Message 7 of 51
rkmcswain
in reply to: jggerth1

It's a bit late in the shipping cycle for any of those to be addressed.

It might even be too late for 2016, or at least getting close.

OP - posting them here is good to alert other readers, but I'm fairly sure that the AutoCAD team is not searching for things to fix in the forums. Make sure to submit a subscription support request or use the feedback form under "Contact Us" at autodesk.com

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 51
w64bit

Thank you for your answers.

I'll post here one more (the last).

29. Very low performance when move/copy a hatch with minimmum 50 corner grips or a block containing such a hatch.
To replicate:
- first select block/hatch > copy/move > do not click for point > move the cursor above the block/hatch.
=> the cursor moves very slow when is over the block/hatch and it's moving OK when is away from the block/hatch.
Also, this happens when realtime middle button pan after you select the block/hatch.

Message 9 of 51
w64bit

30. Low performance when trying to copy/move a hatch with minimmum 40-50 corner grips or a block containing such a hatch.
To replicate:
- copy/move > select block/hatch > click first point and move the mouse (do not click secont point)
=> the cursor moves slow and in steps
=> the preview of the content to be copied/moved is refreshing very slow after moving the mouse. In AutoCAD 2014 the refresh was instantaneous.
31. Low performance when drawing a Leader.
If you try to draw a Leader using Quikc Leader only the arrow is displayed. The lines are not displayed until you finish the command.
32. Mtext Column Resizing is working only when you have the Ruler displayed.
Please fix by allowing the resizing also when Ruler is turned off.

Message 10 of 51
pendean

Again with the duplicates... 😞
Message 11 of 51
_gile
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

This one seems to be related to the graphic card (perhaps the NVIDIA Quadro K1100M is too recent).

See the video

Gilles Chanteau
Programmation AutoCAD LISP/.NET
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 12 of 51
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: _gile

Hi Gilles,

I had the exact same issue (K1000M), but an update to driver release 332.76 solved it for me.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 13 of 51
Kamasop

i have been testing ACAD 2015 for three days now and each day i had at least one fatal error crash. this seems to me a bit excessive. i had the programm submit the errorreport each time, hope Autodesk can use that data.

i will continue testing, but right now it seems ACAD 2014 was more stable and faster...

best, kat

Message 14 of 51
acadhelp1
in reply to: Kamasop

Kat,

Submitting those error reports is critical to getting those issues fixed.  Also, if you include your email, when that issue is fixed in an update, you will be notified.  Please send them in.  And any detail you can add to what you were doing, definitely helps.

Thanks,

Jon Page

AutoCAD User Experience

Autodesk, Inc.

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Message 15 of 51
Kamasop
in reply to: acadhelp1

okay, i will add more data in the future and my email. this sounds like good service to me! thanks!

best, kat

Message 16 of 51
T.DALET
in reply to: Kamasop

BUG display Horizontal Gradient Hatch 
This one is really debilitating for those who use the hatch gradient (gradient), those horizontal become solid hatch (without gradient). 

example photo: Autocad 2015 above / below Autocad 2014 with the same file

Although the display on the screen is not good ... it is in print now!

I'm already back up the info to an Autodesk support.

Tested on Quadro 5000 / Titan GTX / GTX 680

With hardware acceleration or not and change settings pilots Nvidia graphic changes nothing

---------------------------------------------------------
Mon ancien Blog 3D --> www.dessindus.blogspot.fr
Message 17 of 51
T.DALET
in reply to: T.DALET

Bug On Display

Whole design was a blur except for a small area under the mouse pointer and only wireframe, this bug disappeared when désactivait 3D acceleration (the other options did not change).

I put my my graphics card drivers and update problem.

But made is that reinstalling the latest drivers, I remetait all settings Nvidia origins.
Thing I normally customizes behind.

After all my tests, it appears that the bug back when activating Antialiasing - FXAA in Nvidia settings

Bug tested on my 3 graphics cards Quadro 5000 / Titan GTX / GTX 680

---------------------------------------------------------
Mon ancien Blog 3D --> www.dessindus.blogspot.fr
Message 18 of 51
nrz13
in reply to: T.DALET

Confirmed the hatch bug.  Gradient hatches display correctly in 2014 but not in 2015.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 19 of 51
Ron-C
in reply to: nrz13

Sooooooooo.. How many Beta tersters are there ???????

So many apparent bugs..........

Ron

Message 20 of 51
nrz13
in reply to: Ron-C

I'm guessing 5.  But seriously, it wouldn't matter how many beta testers there were.  Autodesk has a deadline to get a product out and it will go out by the deadline regardless if it's ready for deployment.  I'd bet half of the problems found so far were already reported in beta testing and that Autodesk is already aware of them.

</cynicism>

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost