Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 setup not responding

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
119104g
627 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 setup not responding

I've recently had to copy the install folder for AutoCAD 2014 from my university's P: drive to my desktop and install it for a class. But when I try to run the setup file, nothing pops up and nothing happens.

Originally when I was trying to run the setup file, it was giving me an error that my computer was missing the litehtml.dll file from my computer. So I found a download for it on this website and downloaded and put it in my SysWOW64 folder. This is when nothing started happening. I've tried putting the file in System32 too, and in both, but nothing happens. 

Any suggestions to fix this? I'm running Windows 8 64-bit. A friend of mine who also runs Windows 8 64-bit had no problems downloading the program the same way I was trying to.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: 119104g

You might also try posting this in the Installation and Licensing forum.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
jggerth1

generally you can't just copy a .dll file for windows and expect it to work.  check the MS site for technical help for registering dlls on a given machine and OS.

I don't have win8, but there is no such dll as part of Win7 64bit.  

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

@119104g wrote:

I've recently had to copy the install folder for AutoCAD 2014 from my university's P: drive ....

You might check on the installation forum, but I believe this is a violation of EULA.
Students should download from Autodesk Student Community http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

Check these as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clean uninstall.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Clean Install
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17955581&linkID=9240617

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: JDMather

Thats dependant on the definition of "install folder" - it could simply be a folder with the installer EXE.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: dgorsman

Sounds like they are installing on personal computers.

I don't have time to track down the source - but I think I read somewhere that only Autodesk can be the source (no mirror sites authorized).

I think they (Autodesk) like to keep track of who and how often downloaded.

I think they like to ensure complaints do not arise from possible bad customer experience with un-authorized source sites.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: JDMather

Yeah, JD is right.  Autodesk doesn't like 3rd party hosted sites.  Sounds like all this customer needs to do is redownload the product from the virtual assistant. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost