Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 script issue

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mefloump
1728 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 script issue

I have been working on a simple script to import points into a drawing. AutoCAd 2014 doesn't appear to be handling this very well, however AutoCAd Mechanical 2014 runs it just fine. I've also noticed this to be true with the LT versions as well. In looking at the command prompt, it appears to be reading the script correctly but not drawing it correctly. I have also noticed that if the points are whole numbers, it works fine. Anyone else experience this?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: mefloump

Can you post/share the script and whatever other files it relies on?
Message 3 of 9
mefloump
in reply to: pendean

Here is the script. I meant to attach it to my original post.
Message 4 of 9
mefloump

And this is not working to attach the script. Here is the text: POINT 4.1500,2.1750,0 POINT 4.1500,2.2930,0 POINT 4.1500,2.4110,0 POINT 4.2680,2.1750,0 POINT 4.2680,2.2930,0 POINT 4.2680,2.4110,0 POINT 4.9266,2.2764,0 POINT 5.0500,1.8125,0 POINT 4.8500,1.8250,0 POINT 4.5375,1.7250,0 POINT 4.2570,2.6625,0 POINT 5.1500,2.6000,0 POINT 5.1500,2.6750,0
Message 5 of 9
mefloump
Message 6 of 9
Patchy

There is a better way to import points into a drawing by select a coordinates file instead of using script.

Script sounds too painful for me.

Message 7 of 9
mefloump
in reply to: Patchy

I found the solution. The problem is being caused by the osnaps overlaying the points (snapping on top of one another). This was determined on another forum and tested to be true. I use Pt Manager (LISP) to import points but being that I have the only seat of full software a few of the other engineers only have LT and LISP routines are not compatible, I thought a script would do just fine. We generate these points with a program that views pcb gerber to make bed of nails testers which makes hole locations critical.
Message 8 of 9
LavanyaTeajsvi

I am currently working on AutoCAD Mechanical Network Version 2014. While installing the given source setup.exe file using below commands:

1.  /Q /P ;
  2. <full path to installation Setup.exe> /t /Language <product_language>   /c ACAD: INSTALLDIR=<product_install_path>   ACADSERIALPREFIX=<nnn> ACADSERIALNUMBER=<nnnnnnnn>  ADLM_PRODKEY=<NNNNN>   ACADFIRSTNAME=<first_name> ACADLASTNAME=<last_name> ACADORGANIZATION=<organization_name>  InstallLevel=5
  3. Created setup.ini file which contains below information in the ini file and installed using “setup.exe” /t /qb “setup.ini”

INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014"
ACADSERIALPREFIX="393"
ACADSERIALNUMBER=" 94539329 "
ADLM_PRODKEY=" 783F1"
ACDFIRSTNAME="A"
ACADLASTNAME="User"
ACADORGANIZATION=User Corporation"
INSTALLLEVEL=5

All the components are being installed expect AutoCAD Mechanical 2014, it is giving below error when the installation reached this point.

Please find attached screenshot Install command error screenshot.jpg

I have raised a request with the vendor for the installation of the software but did not find response. Please find attached email sent to the vendor.

Checked log file and found the sequence of installation of the components and tried to install them individually, but few components like Autodesk Inventor 2014 is using Standalone.mst which I’m not able to install. Please find attached log file with the sequence of installation and the commands. Tried using the following command to install the standalone.mst file.

<path of msi> TRANSFORMS=”1.mst;standalone.mst” but it is throwing below error

Please find attached screenshot TRANSFORM.jpg

Message 9 of 9
babulalsahu

Thanks a lot. I had faced the problem for running the script file while osnaps are on. as I am not getting the expected result from the Script file. But when I off the osnap and then after running the script file it works very well. 

Thnaks & Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost