Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 saveas does not navigate to a folder

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
richardb
1816 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 saveas does not navigate to a folder

Since installing 2014, the method for saving drawing (QuickSave) too has changed. Now i have to manually enter the file format and then manually type the path if it is different as below.

Command: SAVEAS
Current file format: AutoCAD 2013 Drawing
Enter file format [R14(LT98&LT97)/2000(LT2000)/2004(LT2004)/2007(LT2007)/2010(LT2010)/2013(LT2013)/Standards/DXF/Template] <2013>: LT2013
Save drawing as <C:\Users\Richard Burford.COMPANY\Documents\Drawing1.dwg>: `*Cancel*

How can i change the method back so that i can navigate to a folder?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
M_Hensley
in reply to: richardb

Check the setting of REMEMBERFOLDERS. It should be 0 to default to last used folder.

Message 3 of 5
richardb
in reply to: M_Hensley

Just tried that and it doesnt work; it was set to 1 before i changed it to 0. 😞

This issue of reverting back to the Command line for SAVEAS is also the case for Open. Selecting from the File dropdown menu for Opening, Saving, Save As'ing is throwing up a Command line prompt.

Message 4 of 5
richardb

I have found and fixed the issue.

Since installing CAD 2014, my pgp file must have been reset. The command is FILEDIA and was set to 0. Setting this back to 1 has fixed the issue.

Thanks for your help though 🙂

Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain

richardb wrote:

Since installing CAD 2014, my pgp file must have been reset. The command is FILEDIA and was set to 0. Setting this back to 1 has fixed the issue.

For future readers, the PGP file has nothing to do with FILEDIA being set to 0 or 1.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost