Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 fatal error - Cannot open the software itself nor any saved files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
abraralamri
1425 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 fatal error - Cannot open the software itself nor any saved files

after I change the workspace from " Drafting & Annotation" to " 3D Modeling" , a fatal error occured immediately and the file closed.

I opened the flie again and clicked on "recover" pop-up window. Then another window appeared asking for fixing the problems of the file, clicked " fix" , a window apperaed saying that 5 errors were found and fixed. However, it didn't  last long till the error happened and the file closed. Since that time I tried many times to open the same file, older files , the software itself .. once the welcom window appears the software closed Immediately!!

the software closed very quick , I could only read "AutoCAD cannot continue" on the error pop-up window, but found the below at the "acad" notepad file:

" FATAL ERROR:  Unhandled e0434352h Exception at 75c3d3cfh

04/01/2014 at 03:37:51.893  Drawing: C:\Users\dell\Desktop\design 4\studio 4\3d try.dwg
----------"

I'm using the student version by the way, thinking of reinstalling the software, don't know how?? 

PLEASE, help me as soon as possible, I was givin an extra time to submitt my work. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: abraralamri

Before reinstall you can try RESET

Start, Programs, find Autodesk and there should be a reset to default.

Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: abraralamri

abraralamri wrote: after I change the workspace from " Drafting & Annotation" to " 3D Modeling" , a fatal error occured immediately and the file closed................................... However, it didn't  last long till the error happened .

Ok, the second time the error happened, was it due to changing workspaces again?

Or did it happen when you were doing some other command?

If you think this is a Drawing error, start a new empty drawing and insert the "problem" drawing then explode it.

If you think this is a Application error, are there steps that you can reproduce on demand to make it crash?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
abraralamri
in reply to: rkmcswain

rkmcswain wrote:

abraralamri wrote: after I change the workspace from " Drafting & Annotation" to " 3D Modeling" , a fatal error occured immediately and the file closed................................... However, it didn't  last long till the error happened .

Ok, the second time the error happened, was it due to changing workspaces again?

Or did it happen when you were doing some other command?

If you think this is a Drawing error, start a new empty drawing and insert the "problem" drawing then explode it.

If you think this is a Application error, are there steps that you can reproduce on demand to make it crash?

The second time the error happened, which is at the recovered file,  I did nothing at all ( not changing the workspace nor other command ) maybe zoomed in/out by the mouse.

The file doesn't contain any blocks to explode , and 99% no polylines.
To be honest, modeling with AutoCAD always causes problems with files , but this was the first time that it ruined the application even after shutdown & turn on the computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost