Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 crashing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wmreynolds
356 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 crashing

I am using autoCAD 2014 and have a farily large drawing so it was becoming slow. I copied and pasted the part I was working on into it's own drawing but this made AutoCAD so much worse. Everytime I try and use the fillet tool, the rectangle tool and many other it stops working and I wait and wait and eventually have to use the task manager to end the task and shut down AutoCAD whih then causes me to loose all the work I have just done. I have ahd to start saving  my work after almost every command, which is so annoying and time consuming. I am operating on a computer with windows 8 64-bit. 

I have tried the AUDIT command to try and fix it but it shows 0 errors to fix everytime.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patchy
in reply to: wmreynolds

Doesn't sound right that copy and paste a portion and it's not improving the speed. Might have to check those unwanted blocks and linetype that 2014 is carrying over when copy and paste.

Message 3 of 3
tami517
in reply to: wmreynolds

I am having a very similar problem. I divided the long alignment into 3 drawings to reduce the file size and the total of the 3 are almost double what the one drawing was! I'm getting the slow response, freezing and crashing too. Audit and recover doesn't show any errors and all 3 drawings have been purged. No improvement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost