Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 and PipeDesigner layout drawings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
derrick.lambrecht
356 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 and PipeDesigner layout drawings

Any ideas on how to generate layouts in pipe designer? I tried using "base view" under the layout tab, but only my autocad items show up in the viewport. (pipe is missing).

I am currently using the viewports command under the layout viewports  tab and adjusting what i dont want by freezing my layers within each viewport.

I could spool the drawings but i want to keep everything in the same file.

Is there a better way to create drawing views within the two programs?

Thanks for the help

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
zalant
in reply to: derrick.lambrecht

Hopefully, we can get someone in here who has experience with using both softwares.  

• Are you able to view the PipeDesigner content on the Model tab, but not within a viewport on a layout tab?

I would think that if you have PipeDesigner installed, you wouldn't need anything like an additional object enabler from them to see the content within a viewport.

Have you also posted in QuickPen's (Trimble's) forums about this?

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 7
derrick.lambrecht
in reply to: zalant

Correct. I can see everything in my model tab, but I can not see the AutoCAD items in the layout.

I have spoke to a representative of Tremble, but I have not posted anything on their forum. The lady I spoke with said she thought that it was an AutoCAD issue.

I agree, hopefully someone with experience with both softwares will be able to help out.

Message 4 of 7
zalant

To clarify, it is only the AutoCAD items which you can see within the viewports on layout tabs? You cannot see the PipeDesigner objects within viewports, correct?

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 7
derrick.lambrecht

Correct. The AutoCAD entities and the pipe both show in the model so I can select them for a view in layout. After I finish the command in layout, the pipe items disappear in the paperspace.

Message 6 of 7
zalant

When you say "After I finish the command in layout," which specific command are you referring to?

Are you trying to view the content through normal rectangular viewports on a layout tab, or are you trying to create model views with the newer layout tools (VIEWBASE, VIEWPROJ, etc.)?

Zac Travis
Message 7 of 7
derrick.lambrecht

I was trying to use VIEWBASE.

When I use the normal rectangle viewports everything is there. I just have to freeze the layers i dont want in each viewport.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost