Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 purchase

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2816 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 purchase

Does Autodesk still sell Autocad 2013. I am thinking about doing cad work at home (Uk).

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

If you require the use of 2013, you can purchase a license on subscription which will allow you to run versions 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012.

It does not look like Desktop Subscription (essentially a rental plan) allows use back to 2013, but you might inquire with a reseller.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodesk-Software-Rental-...

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
pendean

AutoCAD 2013-2014-2015 all use the same DWG format and there are no issues sharing files between them, if that helps solve your dilemma.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I would prefer a perpetual license, also I thought Autocad 2012 / 2013 would be cheaper than 2015.

Even when I've emailed a information request from Autodesk or other places, they dont reply if Autocad 2012 / 2013 is available. Maybe they dont want to deal with a single home user or previous Autocad versions besides Autocad 2015.

Message 5 of 7
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:
.... also I thought Autocad 2012 / 2013 would be cheaper than 2015.

Software is not sold like used cars or stock overruns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 7
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

I would prefer a perpetual license, also I thought Autocad 2012 / 2013 would be cheaper than 2015.

They'd much rather have you go with their latest software.  To offer a discount on the older version(s) would encourage people to go with an older version.  And since it's software, it's not like they have inventory they need to clear out.

I like the way JDMather put it -- it's not like selling used cars or stock overruns.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 7
jggerth
in reply to: JDMather

2015 is still a perpeptual use license.  If you want to spend less, you need to look at alternatives.  AcadLT is one option with a great deal of compatability with full Acad but little customization.  BricsCAD or Ares Commander are also options -- not quite as compoatible, but do support API and programmatic customization to a much greater extent than LT.

Unless a reseller has a 2013 box sitting on the shelf that's never been sold or registered, you're not going to find 2013 for sale.

<<well, if you're in the EU and someone with 2013 is getting out of the business, you could buy their seat....>>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost