AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

logan.98stang
Message 1 of 4 (2,249 Views)

AutoCAD 2013 is choppy on Windows 7 - 64 bit MacBook Pro

2249 Views, 3 Replies
08-11-2012 05:01 PM

Hi,

I just bought a brand new 13.3" MacBook Pro; 4GB ram, i5 processor, just the basic setup. AutoCAD 2013 works fine for OSX. However, when I am in Windows 7 (Bootcamp), and I am trying to run AutCAD Architecture 2013 the cursor is very choppy, lags, and is just extremely slow. I haven't played around with it enough to experience a crash or anything yet. Is this a driver issue? Does anyone know of any new driver updates for the MacBook Pro? I need this to work in 3 weeks for my senior year of engineering. So any help or suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (2,207 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2013 is choppy on Windows 7 - 64 bit MacBook Pro

08-14-2012 12:03 PM in reply to: logan.98stang

Hi,

>> the cursor is very choppy, lags, and is just extremely slow

Only inside the graphics-area of ACA or also within the menue-area of ACA or also on the desktop-area of Win7?

For AutoCAD you can try to toggle the hardware-acceleration, try to play with sysvars like ROLLOVERTIPS, SELECTIONCYCLING (and others to be found with search criteria "AutoCAD performance").

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
logan.98stang
Message 3 of 4 (2,203 Views)

08-14-2012 02:50 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred,

I appreciate the response. I literally just now toggled hardware acceleration on, right before I read your post. That was funny. Anyway, that helped it quite a bit. It was only in the graphics-area, not the menus.

The performance tuner says there is an update for the graphics card and such, but fails to download it. Will this help if I get that downloaded do you think?  Thanks again.

Logan

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (2,200 Views)

08-14-2012 03:32 PM in reply to: logan.98stang

Hi,

>> Will this help if I get that downloaded

Sorry that I can't say yes or no to that question as I'm not a MAC-man and don't know anything about the apples :smileywink:

Anyway, I would also try the sysvars I mentioned before (and the ones you'll find with the searching for "AutoCAD performance").

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube