AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

jenuinlee
Message 1 of 4 (366 Views)

AutoCAD 2013 Sheet Set Confusion

366 Views, 3 Replies
04-25-2013 07:11 AM

I set up a Sheet Set for a project with approximately 85 layouts (15 drawings).  I had everything set up as I wanted it.  After setting everything up I had to go back and add one layout to each of the 15 drawings and I had to rename my layouts.

For instance I added sheet FA-100 and named the layout FA-100, therefore the existing FA-100 was changed to FA-101, and I just shifted up the number.

Here is a sample of what I did not all the drawings:

Added FA-100

Existing FA-100 changed to FA-101

Existing FA-101 changed to FA-101

'

'

Existing FA-107 changed to FA-108

So the only new Layout # is FA-108

I tried to import the new FA-108 (and similar) drawings into the sheet set, but AutoCAD says that they layout is already set up as a sheet in the Sheet Set.  Which I do not see it anywhere.  So I was unable to load the new sheet in to the Sheet Set.

But the plot thickens...

The Sheet Set Manager is still recognizing the New FA-108 as FA-107 layout.  For instance, when I double-click on it, it brings up FA-107.  However, when I change the properties (e.g. the sheet number) it updates on the proper (FA-108) drawing.  When I tried to change the location of the reference layout, AutoCAD will not permit me because it says the layout is already referenced (which it is not)!

Please help, I have spent a long time creating these drawings, and do not want to have to recreate them.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 4 (340 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2013 Sheet Set Confusion

04-25-2013 11:51 AM in reply to: jenuinlee

First of all, even if you deleted the Sheet Set entirely, that would not delete the drawings at all.  Sheet Sets are really just a database of sorts to help you organize and publish your drawings in a logical order. So reat easy on that... the drawing should still be there.

Can you post a screen shot of what the sheet set manager looks like after you did all of your adding and changing?  Might give me an idea of how to help you move forward.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

*Pro
murray-clack
Message 3 of 4 (336 Views)

04-25-2013 11:59 AM in reply to: cbenner

One thing I learned the hard way was that if I had to rename Sheet numbers and corresponding Layout tabs, make sure the drawing file is NOT open.

If I know I have to add a sheet and shuffle around the other layout tabs, I will open/create a BLANK drawing, modify the sheet numbers and Layout tabs accordingly, THEN open my drawing and add the new Layout tab to the SSM.

jenuinlee
Message 4 of 4 (331 Views)

04-25-2013 12:01 PM in reply to: murray-clack

I think that it was a glitch on my computer.  I worked on this for a while and could not get it to work.  I even restarted my computer just to get a fresh start, and they still did not work.

However, when I switched to another computer everything automatically straightened itself out.  So I do not know what the problem was but it rectified itself when I opened the Sheet Set on a different computer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube