Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 Mouse Wheel Pan Not Working

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
susan.chanstein
7956 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 Mouse Wheel Pan Not Working

Hello I recently installed the Student version of AutoCad 2013 on my Mac through Windows 7. I am not able to use the wheel on my mouse to get to the hand tool to move around. When I hold down the wheel, it swipes over to my Mac dashboard. Also the delete button does not delete. I have to use the E command. Any thoughts please? I'm a newbie and can't figure this out. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
maxim_k
in reply to: susan.chanstein

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Which mouse do you use?

Does your mouse wheel button work (enabled) in some way on Mac side (I mean not scrolling, but "middle button" that are under the scroll wheel)?

In order middle mouse function under Mac OS (including Parallels Virtual machine) you probably need additional mouse software, but it depends on mouse type you use.

About Delete key on keyboard:

If you are om MacBook, then in order to get Delete key (in fact it function on Mac as Backspace on PC) to act as Del key on PC, you have to press Fn an Delete keys simultaneously.

If you are using big aluminum keyboard with Mac mini, iMac or Mac Pro - then delete key (it is between number-pad and letters) should work for erasing objects.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 10
susan.chanstein
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks Maxim for your response.

I use a Microsoft basic optical mouse (just looked under the mouse). I haven't enabled the wheel for anything on the Mac side. I just use it for scrolling. Do know where I can find additional software or even where I would start to look?

As for the delete, that was what I was afraid of. I was hoping there was another way because it seems clumsy and time consuming to need two hands to delete something.

Message 4 of 10
nrz13

Spacebar can also be used to enter commands, so to do a one-handed delete using the E shortcut, just press E and then Spacebar.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 10
maxim_k

Are you sure that middle button of MS Mouse doesn't function in Mac OS at all?

I just checked - it works in Lion OOTB. I think it should work that on Mountain Lion too.

About Delete key:

If you are using only (or mainly) AutoCAD in Parallels Virtual machine, you can configure shortcut keys in Parallels preferences in such a way:

- assign Backspace key to Delete key on MacBook keyboard:

Screen Shot 2013-06-19 at 20.25.49.png

If you occasionally need Backspase key (inside AutoCAD or in text editor) you can assign Fn+Delete to Backspace function.

You can also create profile for shortcuts in Parallels preferences and switch them when you need.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 10
susan.chanstein

I just used the wheel on Mac side and it did the same thing - went directly to the dashboard.

Thanks for the delete button info. At the moment, I am only using Windows/Parrallels for Autocad. I will have to try to set that up this weekend.

Message 7 of 10

I am new to Windows and PCs. How do I get to the shortcuts? Was that in Autocad?

Message 8 of 10
maxim_k

What do you mean by "went directly to the dashboard"?

If you middle-click inside Parallels Virtual machine Dashboard activates?

What OS do you have on your Mac?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 10
maxim_k

@susan.chanstein wrote:

I am new to Windows and PCs. How do I get to the shortcuts? Was that in Autocad?

The shortcuts you see on screenshot in my post is screenshot of Parallels Desktop Preferences window (menu Parallels -> Preferences):

Screen Shot 2013-06-19 at 21.04.23.png

And about Dashboard and middle mouse button: to disable this go to System Preferences (Mac), select Mission Control pane and select "-" for Dashboard:

Screen Shot.png

This should "release" middle mouse button in Parallels and you will be able to middle-click in AutoCAD.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 10
susan.chanstein

Maxim, thank you soooooo much! With your help, I am now able to use my backspace button as delete and the scroll bar as pan. Thank you!!! Btw, I have OS 10.8.4 and everything worked smoothly!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost