AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

No0bCADmonkeyGrl
Message 1 of 1 (227 Views)

Attribute blocks and data tables

227 Views, 0 Replies
09-21-2012 05:41 AM

Hi guys.

Please be friendly to a newby. 

I relativley new to using data tables in AutoCAD. I'm running 2013 and have been setting up attribute blocks for room areas on existing architectural floor plans that I am then exporting to xls tables and inserting a table in my drawing using the data extract function (apologies for that massivly loooong sentance).

This has been working fine, but the current drawing I am working on is throwing up problems. Every time I create an xls file it shows just one cell with 'delete me' in and does not insert a table into the drawing. I am using the table wizard in Annoatation and have used an existing data extract which I know works, and tried creating a new data extract (which I have had no problems with before either).

I have resaved the drawing, copied it into another blank file, purged it, shut down ACAD and restarted, cleared all data tables/extracts and started again and nothing is working (this is about the limit of my troublshooting skills). Does anyone know of a way I might resolve this?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube