Did you mean: 

Apply master drawing edits to other sheets

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
201 Views, 1 Reply

Apply master drawing edits to other sheets

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on a project that is posing new challenges and forcing me into areas of AutoCAD I have never used before and I am currently stuck.

I have a building master that has machinery, electrical, plumbing, offices, etc. and I want to make this drawing easily readable and accessable to other engineers to quickly get the information they need. I made a sheet set that has seven sheets (1. master 2. floorplan 3. machinery.... 7. safety and emergency) but a problem I am running into is that if I edit my master, those updates are not coming through in the other drawings. Essentially I want each drawing to apply their edits back and forth to the others.

Apologies if this does not make much sense or I did a poor job explaining my problem, I appreciate any advice offered!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you need to explore the wonderful world of reference files.    If I understand your needs, you'll need to work with base files that contain the deisng informaiton, and thoise are the drawings that are edited to show the changes.  Each of the base files has the other base files OVERLAYED as xrefs.

In your sheet dwgs, attach/or overlay the bases as reference files so the proper information is displayed on each sheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost