AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Distinguished Contributor
greg.battin
Message 1 of 4 (635 Views)

Application Plugins Folder must be a .bundle???

635 Views, 3 Replies
03-29-2012 09:02 AM

Concerning the folder "ApplicationPlugins" found in  C: Program File > Autodesk > ApplicationPlugins:

With AutoCAD 2012 I could dump my LISP routines that I use a lot and they would be auto-loaded in any drawing that I opened. I loved it....

With 2013, I try the same thing and it doesn't work. And from what I have been reading, I have to make a folder sturcture with the suffix ".bundle" and create an .xml file in order for these to run....

If this is tru, this is horrible!!! The ability of the  ApplicationPlugins folder from 2012 was awesome.

Am I missing something? Or Is there a way to make 2013 act like 2012 for this folder?

~Greg

I have checked my variables and they are set the same as 2012:

APPAUTOLOAD = 14

I have also ran the command APPAUTOLOADER and selected the "Reload" option and then Listed what applications it sees in the possible folders and it only recognizes folders that are .bundle folders

Valued Mentor
TerryDotson
Message 2 of 4 (611 Views)

Re: Application Plugins Folder must be a .bundle???

03-29-2012 12:58 PM in reply to: greg.battin

That is correct, the folder must be a .bundle and there must be a PackageContents.xml to control the loading.

If the rules don't suit you, simply use the Startup Suite to load your lisp.

Distinguished Contributor
greg.battin
Message 3 of 4 (605 Views)

03-29-2012 01:29 PM in reply to: TerryDotson

Thanks for the (bad news) reply Terry :smileywink:

I will look into the Startup Suite as you mentioned

~Greg

Valued Mentor
tim.turner
Message 4 of 4 (266 Views)

08-02-2013 07:44 AM in reply to: greg.battin

Thank God I am not a CAD manager. The Autodesk pattern is to give you a feature with potential but leave it unimproved for years or create a useful feature and make it less useful the next release. Once I tried the applications plugin folder in 2012 I thought it was actually an improvement, now that I am getting around to trying 2013 and wondering why the lisp doesn't load I find out it is just something else to undo and become program bloat.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube