AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Valued Contributor
nikolap
Message 1 of 4 (425 Views)

Another bug?

425 Views, 3 Replies
03-29-2012 10:07 AM
When AutoComplete window appears - crosshair freezes, so I had to turn off AutoComplete.
*Expert Elite*
GTVic
Message 2 of 4 (392 Views)

Re: Another bug?

03-29-2012 12:31 PM in reply to: nikolap

Try turning off your hardware acceleration and then back on. Check graphics card drivers. You may need to restart AutoCAD after adjusting hardware acceleration.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

"Another bug" is not a useful topic title or very friendly,

"Crosshair freezing with autocomplete" would be a better choice.

Valued Contributor
nikolap
Message 3 of 4 (369 Views)

03-29-2012 02:46 PM in reply to: GTVic
Same problem occurs on two computers. It was solved by turning AutoComplete off. I don't know is it a bug (that's why "?" in title), but it appears only in the A2013, not in the A2012.
*Expert Elite*
GTVic
Message 4 of 4 (364 Views)

03-29-2012 02:55 PM in reply to: nikolap

The reason why I mention the title is that when people are browsing the forum for info or searching for solutions using keywords it is helpful if the title relates to the specific problem. Otherwise all topics could just be called "I have a question". As ridiculous as that sounds you can see people using that title every day. You can always tag " - Bug?" on the end of the topic title if you feel it is necessary.

I would say turning Autocomplete off is a workaround.

Did you try the graphics card driver and hardware acceleration? Each version has different requirements and the hardware acceleration does not automatically turn on. In 2012 I get a very jumpy flickering cursor if the hardware acceleration is turned off. For 2011 I always tell people that it doesn't matter if you are a 2D user. But with 2012 and 2013 it is essential that you get the hardware acceleration working IMO.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube