Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative text

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
rclement
443 Views, 13 Replies

Annotative text

im still trying to get a grip on annotative text,notes and leaders.

ive changed my text to be .18 high in paper space when i check the annotive box i aso add the scale say 1:4 which i assume to be 1/4" = 1"

but changes it in model space also.i do a properties. it tells me scale 1:1, paper space text .18 high model space text .18 high.

which i dont understand. now i do to paper space .illuminate the viewport and stab the text there it tells me paper space text .18 model spqace text .72

why do i get that. dont understand.. i would think its .72 when im in model space and when i go to paper space it should be .18 high.is it somewthing im missing. should i be using a more updated setup drawing? i see how it blows it up when my pointer is over it.

bob c

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Patchy
in reply to: rclement

1:4 means 1"= 4'   =  1/4" = 1'-0"

That's how it looks on the properties

Message 3 of 14
rclement
in reply to: Patchy

ok so why is it in 2 places. as far as scales. then you have 1:4  and 1/4" = 1'-0" which is the same scale.. when i choose 1/4" = 1'-0"

it gets alot smaller? in the viewport

Message 4 of 14
Patchy

First choose your unit to work with; Type in SCALELISTEDIT, go to reset and delete the units that you don't want to use.

I think you have 2 places because it's in your template.

Message 5 of 14
rclement

1:4 tells me 1 paper unit is equal to 4 model units, 1/4" = 1'-0" tells me .25 paper  units is equal to 12 model units

which tells me they are not equal.

to to me 1:4 is  1/4 scale  1/4" = 1"

Message 6 of 14
Patchy

They are not equal because the unit you use for your drawing.

You're use decimal, then don't use Archtiectural scale in your viewports.

Architectural base drawing multiply everything by 12.

If you ever bring in an Architectural drawing into your engineering base drawing, it's 12x bigger.

Reset your scalelistedit and don't mix them up.

Message 7 of 14
rclement

im still not understanding .why should it matter what scale decimal or architectural. as long as its annotative and its added to viewport shouldnt matter

ive added attachments to see what im trying to find out

Message 8 of 14
rclement

here are the other images

Message 9 of 14
Patchy

Attach your dwg, it'll make it a lot easier to see what you have and come up with the answers.

Message 10 of 14
steve216586

(1:4) and (1/4" = 1'-0") is not equal.

1:4 = one unit is equal to 4 units. If you are using feet as a drawing unit then, 1 foot = 4 feet. Inches would be 1" = 4". Metric the same. 

e.g. Using inches, once the drawing is plotted at 1:1, if you use a ruler to measure distance, every inch on the ruler will equal 4" on the drawing. So one foot, (three 4" increments) will be three inches on the ruler. The scale factor is 4. For text to be plotted at a height of .125", this scale factor will make it .5", (.125" x 4) in model space.

1/4" =1'-0" is just that. Once the drawing is plotted at 1:1, if you use a ruler to measure a distance, for every 1/4" on the ruler equals a foot on the drawing. So twenty feet on the drawing will equal 20 1/4" increments or 5" on the ruler. Scale factor is 48. For text to be plotted at a height of .125", this scale factor will make it 6", (.125" x 48) in model space.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 11 of 14
steve216586

I'm not sure what your settings are but this is what I get with an OOTB imperial inches .dwg: (see attached)

Message 12 of 14
rclement

found out what iwas doing wrong, now it makes sense. and i created a play dwg to verify it,very cool

sorry for being a dunce. and ty all for your inputs

Message 13 of 14
steve216586

"...sorry for being a dunce."

No worries! We all had to go through a learning process with regards to new features or processes. And we all will continue throughout our lives. If you haven't learned something new today, then you haven't opened your mind to learning.

Message 14 of 14
rclement
in reply to: steve216586

That is very true.learn something everyday

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost