Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Block with Fixed Dimension

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
smbrennan
318 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative Block with Fixed Dimension

I am in the process of upgrading the company blocks to all be annotative.  I have symbols for duplex receptacles that are on either side of a wall. My issue is being able to control the spacing of the wall thickness, but have that spacing remain the same in different annotation scales.

Has anyone ever come across this? Is there a workaround? I currently have a "Horizontal Constraint Parameter" to control the spacing. But, once I change the annotation scale, the "wall thickness" also scales.

Attached is a sample for reference.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dmfrazier
in reply to: smbrennan

Here's a thought (untested):

How about making two "non-dynamic" blocks - a "left" and a "right" version of the symbol and its attributes.  These blocks would be annotative.  Then produce your dynamic block by inserting one of each and controlling the distance between them with the horizontal constraint parameter.  This (overall) block would not be annotative.  I'm not sure, but I think you would still have access to the attributes via Properties.

Worth a try?

Message 3 of 4
smbrennan
in reply to: dmfrazier

I just gave that a try.  That works great for the symbols - but the attributes can't be moved or modified. Not even through the properties pallette.

Due to the nature of receptacles - there are (typically) 42 different variations of text for the circuit (42 circuits per panel) - not to mention the possibility of abbreviated Panel Names (on project I am working on, Panel 7L3 is abbreviated with 'F' - and the receptacles is on circuit 32 of that panel. The tag is F32). This eliminates the possibility of modifying the block in place - as this updates all of the blocks.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 4 of 4
dmfrazier
in reply to: smbrennan

"...but the attributes can't be moved or modified. Not even through the properties pallette."

"This eliminates the possibility of modifying the block in place - as this updates all of the blocks."

Hmmm... Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm skeptical.  Can you post a copy of your new block?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost