Adding dimensions/units autocad 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RawanJ
2279 Views, 2 Replies

Adding dimensions/units autocad 2013

Good day,

I am writing today to ask about adding dimensions to dimensionless objects (see attached). The drawing is of a slice of bone with pores. The dimension/unit should be 4mm x 4mm. It is important that they remain a realisitic size. I was wondering how to assign this dimension to my drawing. Thank you for our time.

kind regards,

Rawan 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LyleHardin
in reply to: RawanJ

Right now, the drawing appears to be about 5 units wide and 6 units tall. Is that right?

If the drawing is not to the scale you desire, you can SCALE everything by Reference to make it reasonable. 

For instance if the whole drawing is only 12 mm across, you would type SCALE, pick a point on the left side of the entities, type R for Reference, then pick that same point, then a point on the right side of the entities, then enter 12 for the size it should be. 

If you've not used Scale by Reference before, then it might take some getting used to but it's a very useful tool.

If it's a matter of showing the text and dimensions properly then you need to study up on dimstyles and annotative dimensions and using them in viewports to print scaled drawings.  If you're printing metric units on imperial paper then that's a whole new mess of printing to scales of 25.4 and such. 

Message 3 of 3
RawanJ
in reply to: LyleHardin

Thank you Hardin, that was extremely useful! Have a good day.

kindest regards,

Rawan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost