Adding Dimensions to a Rendering Image

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
zzz144
707 Views, 2 Replies

Adding Dimensions to a Rendering Image

Hello, 

This is a questions about workflow: 

I have a rendering image in PNG format that I want to have dimension. These dimensions will be in all 3 planes. 
I want them allinged to object sort of like what you get when you view dimensons in perspective (first arrow is bigger than second arrow text is getting smaller as it goes further away etc.). 

Currently I import my image and draw each arrow, each line, slant the text and it looks so-so... not the greatest and it is A LOT OF WORK. Then i print the dimensions to and image and combine the rendering and image in GIMP. 

Is there a faster way... A better way? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: zzz144

Hi,

Do you have the model from which rendering was created?
If yes - you can dimension it in AutoCAD, then reconstruct "camera" from rendering, than print to PDF (or raster image) dimensions without model itself and combine them with rendering image.
If no - it depends on how complex is the model. If you need to put just a few dimensions along X, Y and Z axis, you can try to reconstruct the model in rough, dimension it where you need, than proceed as in first part.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
zzz144
in reply to: maxim_k

@maxim_k wrote:
...reconstruct "camera" from rendering...
This is a bit of a murky side for me... Would this be just trial and error? sort of like match it approximatelly on the screen? This works well for graphics up to the pixelage of my monitor but some of my renderings are 15000x25000... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost