AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
Jelle64
Message 1 of 5 (2,103 Views)
Accepted Solution

Acad 2013 missing layout panel

2103 Views, 4 Replies
06-25-2012 08:27 AM

I want to try out the new feature of 2013 but I don’t have find the layout panel (tab)..

I only have a layout panel at Drafting and annotation, to start a new layout/template and to create viewports.

I don’t have a layout panel on 3D basis, 3D modeling,….

I did the migration of 2012 and 2011.

I did reload the ModelDoc.cuix.

How can I fix it? How can I load the layout tab to use the viewdetail command?

Jelle

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (2,082 Views)

Re: Acad 2013 missing layout panel

07-03-2012 06:10 AM in reply to: Jelle64

Hi,

>> I did the migration of 2012 and 2011.

Why? What tools from 2012 or 2011 do you want to be loaded in 2013, at least not any DLL (dotNET-based tools/applications) and not any ARX will work from the older version. And just to get a customization.cuix loaded completing the full migration is quite risky.

To (maybe) solve your situation you can reset your AutoCAD-profile. Look therefor into the Windows-Start-menu ==> Autodesk ==> AutoCAD and you should find there an icon for resetting your profile.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Active Contributor
lkirby
Message 3 of 5 (2,019 Views)

08-07-2012 09:22 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I don't believe that was the question.  In 2013, you're supposed to be able to create detail views.  The help section says "Click Layout tab>Create View panel>Detail drop-down>Circular." I can't find the layout tab and typing in"VIEWDETAIL" at the command line gives me an unknow command error although the predictive command list recognizes it.  I just did a full install after having some issues and just went ahead and re-set all my custom options from scratch so the issue they're talking about is not from a previous version.  It seems that this "new" feature was left out.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 5 (1,993 Views)

08-10-2012 12:00 AM in reply to: lkirby

Hi,

>> I don't believe that was the question.

At least the TO has marked my answer as solution :smileywink:

>> I can't find the layout tab

Do you speak about the tab "Layout" in your ribbons or that "Layout1"/"Layout2" ... tab's in the bottom status-line of the drawing?

>> and typing in"VIEWDETAIL" at the command line gives me an unknow command error

For me it works (in AutoCAD 2013). But when I try to start the command when I have the ModelSpace active it tells me that this command can't be used in ModelSpace. If I have one of the layouts active the command works.

As the first loading of this command used a lot of time I guess it's demand-loaded. You may try to play with the sysvar DEMANDLOAD (>>>details<<<), maybe it works if you disable it. But even if that works then I would try to find another way to get it running as disabling demandload will result in more time used to start AutoCAD and more memory AutoCAD itself is using (well, but then it's faster as no command's method has first to be loaded).

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Active Contributor
lkirby
Message 5 of 5 (1,988 Views)

08-10-2012 06:31 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Sorry - I guess I was adding my own problem into the original question.  It was the closest thing I could find to what I was having trouble with.  I haven't tried this command in "vanilla" CAD, just in C3D, but usually everything in ACAD is in C3D.  I just did a full uninstall and re-install about a week or so ago because we orignially only loaded a couple of the pieces of the Infrastructure Suite when we first tried out 2013 - that made some of the integrated tools (Raster Design mostly) not work properly.  Full install later, including doing all customization from scratch except for one customized tab, I'm still not able to use this detail drawing feature.  Here's what I get:

Command:
Command: viewdetail
Demand load failed due to missing module:
Name: AcModelDoc
Description: AcSynergy Command Module
Module Path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\AcModelDoc.arx
Unknown command "VIEWDETAIL". Press F1 for help.

I looked under the same location for regular AutoCAD and the AcModelDoc.arx file IS under that folder.  Should this be as simple as copying that file into the C3D location?  I'm relatively comfortable with customization and whatnot but I get a little nervous messing with the program files.  

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube