Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD Text Displays & Prints Italicized

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dmajors
3223 Views, 7 Replies

AUTOCAD Text Displays & Prints Italicized

I'm currently running 2014 and I'm having an issue where everytime I open more than one drawing, my text displays on screen and prints italicized. It's not all the text just some. The problem goes away once I close CAD and reopen. I've also noticed that it happend mostly with the Arial font, but that just be because that's what our company standard font.

I had the issue in the past when I was running 2012 but it only occurred when if I had an obscene number of files open in CAD. I used to think is was a computer memory issue, but I'm finding that hard to believe because I just got a new desktop at work that has an 4th gen i7 processor and 16 gb of ram.

I've done a number of searches online hoping someone else has had this problem but I haven't had any luck yet. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: dmajors

text in the body of the file, or the program's menu text? if it happened in 2012 and now in 2014 and the only common thing are the same DWG files it may not be program or system.
Please elaborate.
Message 3 of 8
dmajors
in reply to: pendean

It's not the text in the program menus, it happens to text I place in model and paper space and doesn't seem to matter if it's multiline text single. It also affects text within excel spreadsheets that are linked to the file...not in the excel program just how it is displayed in autocad.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Are these paper/model space text fonts SHX or TTF fonts?
Are they centrally located on a server or install on your PC?
If you unplug from your network and open a half-dozen files from your PC does the problem go away?
Sadly I've never seen the bahavior so I cannot replicate it here.
Message 5 of 8
bryce.thelin

This could be caused by an incomplete font or a duplicate font. 

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 6 of 8
dmajors
in reply to: bryce.thelin

Bryce, you said a duplicate font. If I have two font folders mapped into cad (one on server and one on desktop) & they both contain "ARIAL" would that possible cause it?

Message 7 of 8
dmajors
in reply to: bryce.thelin

Thanks Bryce, I think that was it. I unmapped the fonts from our server and it appears to have resolved the problem. Hopefully it lasts.

Thanks again

Message 8 of 8
bryce.thelin

Yes, having the font in two locations like that can be problematic. I'm glad you figured it out!

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost