Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC Object Color

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
477 Views, 8 Replies

AEC Object Color

Having a issue with one particular drawing and have never seen this before.  When inserting a object from the tool palette the object ends up always being the same color, 20.  The blocks have been drawn and insert individually on layer 0 and color bylayer.  If you explode one of these objects down to their basic lines they are on color 20.  This only happens with this one particular drawing.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

If you insert one using the INSERT command or drag+drop using DesignCenter, does it do the same thing?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
dbroad

Without a context, (particular drawing, template, style, display representation, view specific direction, aec object type, aec style, aec object overrides......), its difficult to respond.  Do you have a question as well?  Before you answer here, consider reposting this thread to the AutoCAD Architecture group if you want someone knowledgable in AutoCAD Architecture.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 9
dmfrazier

It sounds like there is an existing (competing) block definition (different from the tool palette source definition) already in the DWG.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: dmfrazier

That was my first thought.  But if I insert a block using the insert command it comes in correctly.  It's not just one or two of the objects, it's all of them.  I think the person who created the drawing was using the wrong template but I have never saw one where it actually changes the base color.

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Fix this one particular drawing: INSERT it into a template file you confirmed ahead of time does not exhibit the problems and see what else changes in it.
Message 7 of 9
dbroad
in reply to: pendean

How do we even know it is a block?  All the OP said is that he placed an "object" from a palette.  AEC objects include things that are style based and when exploded will have a specific color based on the display styles.  Only those familiar with AEC styles and overrides will understand whether his experience is unusual or expected.  There has to be a lot more info, or at least an attached drawing (with the object unexploded) to determine anything more.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 8 of 9
pendean
in reply to: dbroad

I did not mention the word BLOCK or the 'object': I'm talking about fixing the actual single file that exhibits this single problem.
Message 9 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: dbroad

@Anonymous wrote:

How do we even know it is a block? 

The OP did say "The blocks have been drawn...", which I took to mean OP was describing the object being inserted from the TP.  qmicon.gif

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost