Did you mean: 

3d face object no extrude !

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
grfkpc
1378 Views, 9 Replies

3d face object no extrude !

hi;

3d face extrude objects around 4,500 triangles made. While most of them extrude, extrude objects up to 650 yet. I've tried many methods, but this 3D face objects How can I extrude. My goal as a solid curved surface of a mountain and then turn solid model all combine to make straight the following section.

The following are sample files.

above sloping to flat surfaces extending below 3dFace solid objects you want to do.

Greetings.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

HI,

IN MY OPINION, YOU BETTER MAKE IT IN MESH,,, WHEN U ARE DONE CREATE A SOLID THEN SLICE IT USING THE MESH IN SLICE USING SURFACE OPTION.

GOOD LUCK,

VIRGILIO BENEDICTOS

Virgilio Benedictos
AutoCAD 2011 Certified Associate

Please give Kudo if problem solve.
Message 3 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: grfkpc

Hi,

use _EXTRUDE with option PATH (using a vertical line created before) or using option DIRECTION.

(file attached)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 10
grfkpc
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I opened the file that you have sent, but apparently the upper triangular spaces should not be. my problem is I already Occasionally Occasionally while extrude the triangles can not be extruded.
Thank you.
Message 5 of 10

if convert to mesh I'm having a problem with this...

attach picture.. and attach original document.

help me ..

thanks.

Message 6 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

ok, have not seen that there were small gaps, sorry.

For that type of objects you can use command _REGION to convert the 3DFace-objects to Region objects. These objects can then be extruded.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 10
grfkpc

if convert to mesh this message " Hatch boundary associativity removed "
Message 8 of 10
grfkpc
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I tried the region. but it was all mesh objects. I am getting the following error when I do extrude. can not sweep or extrude an object of this type. 6383 removed the object from the selection set.

Message 9 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but it was all mesh objects

I meant you should use _REGION command to convert your 3D-faces, not any mesh objects (at least within your drawing I don't find any mesh-objects at all).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 10

hello...

you can also use 3D POLY command (3P) in to create 3D face then like alfred said create vertical line use for path option in extrusion,,

hoping this will solve your problem.

regards

Virgilio Benedictos

PS

pls give me kudos if problem solve

Virgilio Benedictos
AutoCAD 2011 Certified Associate

Please give Kudo if problem solve.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost