3d View settings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ichukiets
307 Views, 4 Replies

3d View settings

Hi all!

How can I save the visual settings in cad2014?

I change the visualization resolution (to see more isolines, better surfaces,...) and apply it, I save the profile, but when I close cad and open it again with the same profile the settings are the original ones

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steve216586
in reply to: ichukiets

Are you refering to the settings in OPTIONS under the Display and 3D Modeling tabs for visual settings? If so, they are stored in the drawing and not in the user profile.

If you open a drawing and make your changes and then save that drawing, the next time you open that particular drawing, the settings should show the changes. However, if you are opening a template drawing or selecting NEW, and making your changes, but not saving it, when selecting the template again or selecting NEW, your changes will not be in effect.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 5
GrantsPirate
in reply to: ichukiets

A good method is to have VisualStyles open as well as the ToolPalettes. Make the changes you need in the VisualStyles manager and then drag and drop that to the ToolPalette. Give it a unique name to help you later. Now those settings will be available each time.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 4 of 5
ichukiets
in reply to: steve216586

Just it is!
Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
ichukiets
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Thanks for the tip!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost