3D Solid display problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
knmdk
5601 Views, 5 Replies

3D Solid display problem

Hello,

I've made some 3D bolts. The thread was made with Helix, Polyline and Sweep commands. I've used bolts in many models. And so did my co-workers.

However the bolts started to display weirdly all of a sudden. The thread of every bolt becomes enormously huge and takes 1/2 of screen. This happens in 2D Wireframe, X-Ray, Wireframe views (thouse you use most). In other view modes bolts appear as they should.

The only workaround that delivers the fix is exploding the thread 3D Solid to Surface. But that's not an option at the moment. I've tried creating a fresh drawing (and pasting bolts there) and recovering existing ones. No luck - weird huge thread is there.

I'm using mainly Wireframe view like any other engeneer.  It's impossible to do my work now.

Please have a look at the attached DWG. Hope someone has a fix for this.

P.S. I'm so fed up with AutoCAD bugs.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: knmdk

Have you tried redefining (resaving) the block.  While you're in the block editor, check the color of the hex head, it displays "white" but it's assigned the color "red".  I changed it to BYLAYER like the other objects and saved.  It was displaying normally afterward, but I didn't play with it much to see whether it would expand again. 

Also, if you don't need the original helix path in the block definition, get rid of it.

Message 3 of 6
knmdk
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks, nestly2. I've tried everything you suggested. That didn't help. While trying to fix it I've already tried redefining the block (re-saving it). It doesn't work too.

I've tried unioning solids, exploding thread solid to surface, saving to older DWG and reopening - nothing works. Once I switch to Wireframe-based view all crap gets back to my model space.

This is so bad. I can't even do a flatshot because of this terrible bug. **** you Autodesk!

Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

Hi,

Now your block looks as it should in any of Visual styles.

I recreated the thread - look at source triangle - I aligned it in another way (yours is cyan, my is red)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6
maxim_k

>>>>This is so bad. I can't even do a flatshot because of this terrible bug. **** you Autodesk!
If you can, please, take your words back.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 6
knmdk
in reply to: maxim_k

Hey, Maxim, that was tough. I totally appreciate your input! We will re-do screwed bolts with the right coordinates alignment. Somehow not all of them are this way.

In case someone else experience same problem I came across a thread with the same issue. Maybe a better fix wil be provided in this thread or another one.  

P.S. As it goes to "please take your words back". Well seriously there's nothing wrong with word "dаmn". I'm so frustrated now since automatic parser replaced "dаmn" with ****. I've used cyrillic "a" to pass the check this time. So I guess it's again Autodesk's fault :-).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost